It turns out that Cain Velasquez will indeed be working his second WWE match this month.
Originally, he was advertised to team up with Rey Mysterio at WWE’s upcoming live event from Mexico City, Mexico on November 30th.
WWE pulled the former UFC star from the match and Mysterio was supposed to team with Humberto Carrillo against Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson. WWE once again changed the advertisement that will now see Velasquez replace Mysterio in that tag team match.
Also, Mysterio has replaced The Miz in the main event as he will now challenge Bray Wyatt for the Universal Title. The news comes courtesy of the official WWE Español Twitter account.
Cain Velasquez lost his debut match under the WWE banner when he faced WWE Champion Brock Lesnar at Crown Jewel.
When he was first pulled from this live event, the belief was that it was done because he needed knee surgery. It could be a case where the surgery is delayed until after this match.
WWE Mexico City SuperShow (11/30)
The following matches are now being advertised for WWE’s return to Mexico City on November 30th:
- Universal Champion The Fiend vs. Rey Mysterio
- Cain Velasquez & Humberto Carrillo vs Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
- Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks & Bayley
- Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura (w/ Sami Zayn) vs. Braun Strowman
- Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin
- Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles
- Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
- The New Day vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Revival
- Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley (w/ Lana)