WWE SmackDown 8/23/13 spoilers from Bakersfield, CA.
Sin Cara defeated Damien Sandow.
WWE SmackDown 8/23/13:
* A cage is hanging over the ring. *
– Vickie Guerrero opened the show and welcomed WWE Champion Randy Orton. Orton cut a promo saying he didn’t know Triple H was going to screw Daniel Bryan and he didn’t need his help. He asked fans for their support, and they chanted “No!” Daniel Bryan came out and thanked John Cena for granting him a title shot at SummerSlam, and then ripped Orton for being arrogant and having everything handed to him. Bryan wanted a rematch tonight, but Orton refused and said that it would be at Night of Champions. Orton held up the belt, and Bryan dropkicked him outside of the ring.
– Vickie is backstage upset by what just happened. Wade Barrett interrupts and Vickie announces Barrett vs. Bryan in a steel cage later tonight.
– WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel defeated Cody Rhodes. After the match, Paul Heyman cut a promo saying CM Punk is lost without him. Axel said that even though Punk doesn’t deserve a title shot, he challenges him to a match for his title on RAW.
– Dolph Ziggler pinned Big E. (w/ AJ Lee) with the Zig Zag.
– World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian via submission with the armbar. After the match, Ricardo Rodriguez ripped Del Rio and introduced Rob Van Dam. Christian hit Del Rio with a dropkick from the top rope and RVD followed up with a frog splash on Del Rio.
– The Big Show and Mark Henry defeated 3MB in a handicap match.
– Darren Young defeated Antonio Cesaro.
– Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett in a cage match.
They fight on top of cage. Barrett gets one leg out again but this time Bryan headbutts and kicks him down to the ropes and nails a powerbomb. Bryan nails the running knee for the win, so that appears to be a new finisher.
After the match, Bryan left the cage but was attacked by Randy Orton, who was hiding under the ring. Orton stands over Bryan as the fans chant “You suck.”
WWE SmackDown 8/23/13 Off Air Segment:
After the taping completed, Orton left. Daniel Bryan was being helped out. The Shield came down. Mark Henry and Big Show evened the odds. They had a six man with Team Bryan victorious.