Event: WWE Monday Night RAW
Date: Monday, March 11th, 2013 (USA Network)
Location: The Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a tribute video for William “Paul Bearer” Moody.
– We go to the arena and the live crowd cheers for Bearer. The Undertaker’s music starts up and his entrance begins. Taker comes out to the stage and makes his way to the ring.
Taker approaches the ring where the urn is sitting in the middle. Taker drops to one knee in front of the urn and pays tribute to Bearer as a graphic shows on the big screen. CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes, pissing Taker and Jerry Lawler off. Lawler calls it the most disrespecting thing he’s ever seen.
The crowd boos Punk and he tells them to simmer down, speaking from the stage. Punk says they misunderstand why he’s out here. Punk says he’s out here to extend his heartfelt condolences and apologies for Taker’s loss…. at WrestleMania. Punk smirks and the crowd boos. Punk says to Paul Bearer, Taker will always be perfect and 20-0. To everyone else, Taker will be 20-1 in a few weeks. The crowd boos Punk some more. Punk says there won’t be any heartfelt tributes to Bearer the night after WrestleMania. There will be a video about him. There’s a mixed reaction from the crowd as Punk holds his arms out and Taker stares him down from the ring.
– Cole hypes Big Show vs. Seth Rollins up next. We see Show backstage talking to a crew member before we go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and we see during the commercial, Kane’s music hit and he came out to the stage. Kane went to chokeslam Punk off the stage but Punk escaped and ran off.
– The cameras are backstage now as Kane is destroying everything looking for Punk. Kane tosses Alex Riley across the locker room and goes off looking for Punk.
— Big Show vs. Seth Rollins
Winner by DQ: Big Show
– CM Punk interrupts Brad Maddox and Vickie Guerrero backstage. Punk is upset about Kane trying to attack him. Vickie says Punk disrespected the memory of Paul Bearer and may God have mercy on his soul at WrestleMania. Vickie announces Kane vs. Punk in a No DQ match for tonight. Punk storms off upset.
— Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
— Tensai vs. Fandango
Back from the break and out comes Cameron, Naomi, Tensai and Brodus Clay. Justin Roberts announces Fandango as Tensai’s opponent but he doesn’t appear. Tensai takes the mic and tells Fandango to get out here now. Fandango’s music hits and out first comes his dancer. Fandango joins her and takes a mic. He says Tensai mispronounced his name and on top of that, Tensai is a disgrace to the world of dance. Fandango says Tensai and Clay are an abomination. Fandango says he will come to the ring when they get his name right. Fandango wants Naomi to say his name. Fandango says Naomi is the only one with real talent and rhythm. He says she’s better than all this. Tensai interrupts but Fandango cuts him off. Fandango says Tensai just cost everyone a chance to see him wrestle a match. Fandango and his dancer dance to the back to end the segment.
— Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs. The New Age Outlaws
During the Match, Brock Lesnar‘s music hits and out he comes with Paul Heyman.
Gunn meets Lesnar with a fight but Lesnar beats him away and drops him with a F5. Lesnar grabs Road Dogg and hits a F5 on him also. Heyman takes the mic and says Lesnar doesn’t play games, Lesnar hurts people. Heyman brings up Lesnar breaking Shawn Michaels’ arm and Vince McMahon’s hip. Heyman says now, the last traces of DX have been laid to waste by Lesnar. Heyman says yes, Brock Lesnar will fight Triple H at WrestleMania 29. Heyman says there’s a “but” attached to this. Lesnar will face Triple H only if they get to name the stipulations. They won’t reveal those stipulations until after Triple H signs a contract. Heyman goes on before leaving with Lesnar. Officials come in and check on The NAO.
— Mark Henry vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: Mark Henry
– Cody Rhodes runs into Kaitlyn backstage. He’s glad he saw her. Damien Sandow walks in and takes Kaitlyn’s water. Sandow has found them some girls – The Bella Twins. Nikki and Brie say the Divas division has never needed them more and now they have the boys. Vickie Guerrero walks up and makes Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Sandow and Rhodes.
— Ryback vs. Heath Slater
— Antonio Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
— Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes
Winners: Sheamus and Randy Orton
– Up next will be Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel segment.
– Chris Jericho comes to the ring where everything is set up for another episode of The Highlight Reel. Jericho shows us a clip of The Miz in The Marine 3. Jericho brings out his guest – The Miz.
Jericho gives Miz props for first-day sales of The Marine 3 but out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett. Barrett says Miz isn’t a real actor like him. Barrett brags about how Dead Man Down did on opening weekend and shows us a clip from that movie. Miz does a decent impression of Barrett. Barrett says he turned down several movie scripts this past week because he’s too busy being Wade Barrett, the WWE Intercontinental Champion. Miz points out Barrett hasn’t won a match in weeks. Miz says it’s a matter of time before Barrett loses his title. Jericho chimes in and Barrett tells him to shut up. Jericho and Barrett have a staredown. Jericho says he helped bring Barrett into WWE and helped him win the first NXT. Jericho gives Barrett props but points out he’s a 9-time Intercontinental Champion. Jericho wonders if he should make it 10. Brad Maddox comes out and tells them to stop. He doesn’t want them acting like that on his show. Maddox says next week, Barrett will defend against the winner of tonight’s Jericho vs. Miz match. Rough promo by Maddox. We go back to commercial.
#1 Contenders Match: The Miz vs Chris Jericho
During the match, Barrett attacks for the DQ. Barrett brings Jericho in the ring but Miz hits a big punch. Jericho kicks Barrett back into the announcers table. Miz and Jericho bring Barrett in the ring. Miz nails Skull Crushing Finale and Jericho hits a Codebreaker. Jericho’s music hits as the challengers taunt Barrett.
— Jack Swagger vs. Sin Cara
Winner: Jack Swagger
— No DQ Match: Kane vs. CM Punk
– After the win, The Undertaker’s music starts playing and the lights go down. Taker comes out to the stage and drops to one knee as the lightning goes off and the Bearer graphic flashes on the screen again. Kane also drops to one knee in the ring and faces Taker. Punk grabs the urn and attacks Kane from behind with it. Punk beats Kane with the urn as Taker makes his way to the ring, in no hurry. Punk rolls out of the ring as Taker comes in to check on Kane. Punk retreats up the ramp with the urn in hand. Punk drops to one knee and mocks The Undertaker. Taker is pissed and responds by cutting his own throat at Punk. RAW goes off the air with Punk and Taker staring at each other.