– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a video package on the Royal Rumble controversy. We go to the RAW intro video.
– We’re live from Denver, Colorado with Michael Cole, Booker T and JBL. The pyro goes off as Cole welcomes us to the Pepsi Center and mentions that we’re 55 days away from WrestleMania 31.
– We go right to the ring and out comes Triple H and Stephanie McMahon to a mixed reaction. Lilian Garcia makes the introduction and we see the locker room backstage watching on a TV screen.
Stephanie takes the mic first and they talk about being at the NFL’s Super Bowl 49 last night. The Authority are fans of the champion New England Patriots. Fans boo them and the Patriots. Stephanie says the Patriots are champions because that’s what is best for business. Triple H agrees and jokes that he hopes the NFL can survive with the new #CancelNFLNetwork movement. Triple H says the Royal Rumble had its share of controversy as well. Stephanie says they understand there is some outrage about what happened at the Rumble. She says they understand why and they’re here to do something about it. Triple H says we can’t let something like this happen and he shows us the ending to the Rumble 30-man main event. Triple H says it was wrong of Big Show and Kane for coming back in the match. He says they were guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct, like the Seattle Seahawks. Triple H says he doesn’t have a problem with Kane and Show but he does have a problem with The Rock. Triple H says Rock had o business being there. He says Rock is one of the biggest WWE stars ever and always has a place there but… a “Rocky” chant breaks out. He brings up Rock’s Hollywood success and says Rock had no business getting in the Rumble because he’s not a WWE Superstar. Triple H says part of that is his fault because people with a name still think they can come back and affect what happens as he let Sting get away with that at Survivor Series. Triple H says that stops at Fast Lane, that’s why he’s called Sting out.
Triple H wants Sting to stand int he ring with him at Fast Lane. He promises to resolve their problem. A “we want Sting” chant starts. Stephanie asks if fans want Sting and if they do, they can get him at Fast Lane on the WWE Network. She plugs the Network promo. Triple H brings up Roman Reigns and there are mostly cheers. Stephanie says Reigns will officially go down as the Rumble winner but questions if he should go on to face Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 31. Reigns’ music hits and out he comes through the crowd in a hurry.
Reigns hits the ring and gets in Triple H’s face. He asks if they’re just going to take his title shot away from him… hell no, he says. He and Triple H have words and come face to face. Triple H looks upset. Stephanie gets in between them and tells Reigns to calm down, saying they haven’t announced anything official yet. She brings up how he talked about his legendary family last night. She asks if it’s ironic that the family he wants to impress more than anything in this world is the reason why he shouldn’t main event WrestleMania. Daniel Bryan’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop.
Stephanie sarcastically welcomes Bryan back. Bryan tells Reigns he had to deal with this same thing before. Bryan says if you want to talk about controversy, talk about how they stripped him of the WWE World Heavyweight Title and he never got a rematch. Bryan says he officially throws his name in the hat for a title shot at WrestleMania because he wants to do it one more time. Triple H says there was nothing out of the ordinary about them stripping him because he failed at fulfilling his contractual obligations. Triple H says Bryan came back full of himself, put himself in the Rumble and never should have been in it in the first place. Triple H says maybe he could see Bryan getting a shot at WrestleMania but… the music interrupts and out comes Seth Rollins with Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. Rollins is having some mic trouble. Stephanie says “we can’t hear you” as RAW goes to commercial.
We come back and Rollins is in the ring. He makes a joke about live TV and says what he’s been hearing is getting ridiculous. Rollins says Bock Lesnar would eat Bryan alive. Rollins says Bryan got stripped because he got hurt and that’s his own fault. Rollins welcomes Bryan to the deep end with the big boys. Rollins turns to Reigns and says he wouldn’t even be the Rumble winner if it weren’t for The Rock. Rollins says if anyone deserves to face Lesnar at WrestleMania, it’s the man who stole the show in the Triple Threat and broke Lesnar’s ribs, Mr. Money… Reigns threatens to knock Rollins into next week. Triple H gets in between them. He and Stephanie have a word in private. Triple H has a change in plans… he announces Bryan vs. Rollins with the winner facing Reigns at Fast Lane. The winner of that match will face Lesnar for the title at WrestleMania. Booker and JBL say Reigns just got screwed. They all have words back and forth. Rollins says no one wants to see Bryan vs. Reigns at Fast Lane. He says if Reigns doesn’t accept the offer, he’s afraid of him and doesn’t have the guts. The Authority asks Reigns if he accepts. Fans chant “yes!” as Bryan does the gesture. Reigns says screw it, he will fight Bryan and Rollins. He says let’s do it. Triple H says it’s on – Bryan vs. Rollins tonight, the winner faces Reigns at Fast Lane for the title shot at WrestleMania. He tells Reigns so stay in the ring and out comes Big Show as we go to commercial.
Big Show vs. Roman Reigns
Back from the break and the match is underway as Big Show has Roman Reigns in a bear hug. We see Seth Rollins and The Stooges watching from ringside. During the break, Show tossed Reigns over the top and threw him into the barrier. Reigns manages to drop Show over the top rope and come back in the ring. Reigns hits two clotheslines and goes to the second rope for another. Reigns with another big shot in the corner, and another. Reigns clotheslines Show over the top rope. Reigns runs around and hits the big apron dropkick. Show rolls back in and Show calls for a Superman punch but Noble distracts him and Show nails a spear for a 2 count.
Reigns blocks a chokeslam with kicks to the leg. Reigns with a big right hand. Reigns ducks a right hand and knocks Noble off the apron into Rollins. Reigns hits a Superman punch on Show. Mercury distracts the referee, allowing Rollins to get on the apron and hit Reigns from behind with the briefcase. Show takes advantage and hits a chokeslam on Reigns for the win.
Winner: Big Show
– After the match, Show makes his exit with Rollins and The Stooges as we go to replays. Rollins taunts Reigns from the stage as gets to his feet in the ring.
– We see Triple H and Stephanie watching backstage. He says that whole thing was easier than they thought. Stephanie says she almost feels sorry for Roman. Triple H says they didn’t even have to mention stripping Reigns of his title shot at WrestleMania and people probably don’t even know that they can’t contractually do that. They go on and Triple H brings up the Steve Austin podcast later tonight. Triple H says Austin can ask whatever he wants because he will manipulate Austin just like they manipulated everyone in the ring. They kiss and JBL says that’s beautiful. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole plugs the Austin and Triple H interview after RAW.
– Curtis Axel makes his way out with a mic. He says don’t turn the channel because he has something to say. Axel says he was never eliminated from the Royal Rumble. He says he got sucker-punched from behind and would have won if it weren’t for that. Axel wants justice. He hits the ring and says it again. Axel says he wants something else… he goes to the corner and points at the WrestleMania sign. Axel says he want Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Dean Ambrose’s music hits and out he comes to a pop.
Ambrose hits the ring and they brawl. He tosses Axel over the ropes and says now you’re eliminated. Ambrose talks about being at WWE headquarters last week and seeing a wall of great Intercontinental Champions. Ambrose says he takes a good mugshot and his face would look good on that wall. Ambrose says he pinned Bad News Barrett two weeks ago and deserves a shot. Ambrose says he’s got some bad news… he’s coming after that title and is going to be on the wall at WWE headquarters. Ambrose tells us to strap in with him on the road to WWE Fast Lane. Axel runs back in and nails Ambrose. Axel works him over but Ambrose fights back and hits Dirty Deeds. Ambrose’s music hits as fans cheer and he hits the corner.
– Cole leads us to a Black History Month video for WWE Hall of Famer Ernie “The Big Cat” Ladd.
The Ascension vs. Stardust and Goldust
Back from the break and The Ascension is wrapping up their entrance while Stardust and Goldust wait. Viktor starts with Stardust and they go back and forth until Viktor hits a big slam. More offense by The Ascension. It comes down to Konnor and Goldust going at it. Goldust fights him off and hits Viktor on the apron. Goldust fights them off again but Konnor hits the knee from behind and they nail Fall of Man for the quick win.
Winners: The Ascension
– After the match, The Ascension stands over Goldust and slide out as Stardust comes in to check on his brother. Stardust is upset with Goldust for losing. Stardust yells at Goldust about having his head on straight and leaves the ring by himself.
– Still to come, John Cena will welcome Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and Erick Rowan back to RAW. We go to commercial.
– We come back to Stardust and Goldust backstage. Stardust is throwing a bit of a fit. Goldust tries to calm him down and calls him Cody. Stardust stops and tells Goldust to never call him that again before storming off.
– We go to the ring and out comes John Cena to a big reaction.
Cena says he’s beat up, half blind and almost broken but there was no way he was missing RAW in Denver. He’s sporting a mark on his face. He says tonight is extra special because Steve Austin will interview Triple H and they will talk about the state of WWE. Cena says Austin isn’t afraid of Triple H and will ask the questions we want to know. He wonders if Triple H will dance around the answers. Cena mentions how Triple H called him the past on SmackDown. Cena hears a “Cena sucks” chant and pauses. Cena says Triple H has a vision for WWE and it doesn’t include him. Cena talks about how The Authority has tried to make him give up. We see the end of RAW from two weeks ago where Sting returned and he won the jobs back for the fired Superstars. Cena welcomes them back to RAW and out comes Ryback, Dolph Ziggler and Erick Rowan to Ryback’s music.
Cena says these three are proof that The Authority can be beat. Cena talks about Rusev and says he can be beat too. Cena says Rusev is about to find out he’s not the past… Stephanie McMahon interrupts on the big screen. Ziggler talks trash to Stephanie and she cuts him off. For tonight, she announces Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt, Rowan vs. Rusev and Ryback vs…. fans interrupt her with a “feed me more” chant. She says Ryback is going to be fed until he chokes. His match is next and out comes Luke Harper. Back to commercial.
Ryback vs. Luke Harper
Back from the break and Luke Harper strikes first. Ryback comes back and holds a suplex before dropping Harper. Ryback takes control and comes off the second rope with a splash for a 2 count. Ryback with shots in the corner. Ryback with a clothesline in the corner but Harper nails a big dropkick. Harper boots Ryback from the apron to the barrier outside. Harper follows to the floor and kicks Ryback in the face. Harper brings him back in and hits a senton for a 2 count. JBL says it looked like a zombie version of Eddie Guerrero. Harper keeps control and drops Ryback for another 2 count.
Ryback makes a comeback and gets a 2 count. Ryback nails a Thesz Press and slams Harper’s head into the mat repeatedly. Ryback with a splash for a 2 count. Harper catches Ryback with a big sideslam for a 2 count. Ryback charges and knocks Harper to the floor. Harper comes in and Ryback nails a spinebuster. Ryback goes for the Meathook clothesline but Harper hits a superkick for a 2 count. Ryback scoops Harper on his shoulders but it’s countered for a 2 count. Ryback hits the Meathook and then Shellshocked for the win.
– After the match, Ryback gets a “feed me more” chant going as we get replays.
– Still to come, Ziggler vs. Wyatt and Rusev vs. Rowan. Back to commercial.
Jimmy Uso vs. Cesaro
Back from the break and out comes WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos with Naomi. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd wait in the ring. On the WWE App, apparently Natalya set up a double date with the two couples and Kidd got upset because they’re feuding with The Usos. Back and forth to start the match. Natalya is also at ringside with Kidd. Cesaro and Uso trade shots. Uso hits several big chops and an elbow for a 2 count. Cesaro takes a big kick to the head and rolls out to the floor. Uso runs the ropes and goes to dive out but Cesaro steps out of the way. Cesaro argues with Jey Uso. Jimmy runs the ropes again and leaps onto Cesaro.
They come back in and Cesaro hits a big ax handle off the second rope. Cesaro mounts Uso with big forearms to the face and a submission. Uso counters a move and hits superkicks. Cesaro side steps and drops Uso for the Cesaro Swing. Cesaro turns that into a half Boston Crab in the middle of the ring. More back and forth. Cesaro with a big double stomp to the chest. Cesaro with another slam for a 2 count. Uso comes back and nails Cesaro off the top for a 2 count. Uso with a pair of clotheslines. Cesaro catches a kick and tosses Uso to the floor. Kidd acts like he’s going to hit Uso but the referee warns him. Cesaro slams Uso’s face into the announce table and rolls him back in. Cesaro warns Natalya to mind her own business and high-fives Kidd. He goes to the top and comes back in, getting caught with a kick to the face from Uso. Uso hits the Rikishi splash in the corner. He goes to the top for a big splash but Kidd gets on the apron for a distraction. Jey goes after him. Jimmy comes off the top for the splash but Cesaro uppercuts him in mid-air for the win.
– After the match, Kidd runs through the ring and hits a cheap shot on Jey. Cesaro, Kidd and Natalya leave together as Naomi checks on The Usos.
– Back from the break and The Miz and Damien Sandow are getting some food in the back. A man walks up for autographs but Miz tries to shoo him away. The guy says he’s actually here for Sandow’s autograph. Sandow signs them. Miz rips them up and tells the guy to beat it, calling him a nerd. Miz calls Sandow an arrogant jerk. He says Sandow was wearing ridiculous costumes before they met. Miz says he made Sandow relevant and have a purpose in life again. Miz says Sandow is throwing it away because of his ungrateful attitude. Miz rips into Sandow and fires him. Miz changes it up and talks about his match with Sin Cara tonight. Miz says Sandow is an assistant and tells him to assist. Miz storms off.
– Erick Rowan approaches John Cena backstage. Rowan says no one has ever stood up for him like that and he thanks Cena. Cena says Rowan should not have been fired in the first place. Rowan says he became someone he can look at in the mirror while he was gone. He thanks Cena for that. He wants to do a favor for Cena tonight when he takes on Rusev. Cena tells Rowan that Rusev is dangerous and not to take him lightly. They shake hands and Rowan walks off.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt
We go to the ring and out comes Dolph Ziggler to a pop. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we see Steve Austin backstage getting ready for the podcast. Ziggler waits in the ring as Bray Wyatt makes his way out. They lock up and go at it trading shots. Wyatt takes control and works Ziggler over in the corner. Wyatt keeps control and talks trash to Ziggler. Wyatt nails a cheap shot while the referee has his back turned. Wyatt chokes Ziggler on the ropes now.
Ziggler comes back with a dropkick. He goes for the Fame-asser but Wyatt retreats to the floor for a breather as fans boo. Wyatt comes back in and Ziggler takes him to the mat. Wyatt with a big right hand and a headbutt. Wyatt with the big splash for a 2 count. Wyatt with a kick to the back. Ziggler fights to his feet and tries for a comeback but Wyatt cuts him off. Ziggler counters and gets some offense in but Wyatt goes back to the floor. Ziggler goes after him through the ropes but Wyatt grabs him. Wyatt drops Ziggler out onto the floor from the ring. Wyatt laughs as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler fights back but runs into a huge elbow off the ropes. Wyatt covers for a 2 count. Wyatt with a headlock now. Ziggler breaks free and Wyatt runs into an elbow. Wyatt charges again but Ziggler moves and he hits the ring post. Ziggler comes off the top rope but Wyatt decks him with a big right hand. Wyatt misses the splash as Ziggler rolls out of the way. Ziggler ducks a clothesline and hits one of his own. Ziggler with a neckbreaker and a big elbow drop for a 2 count. Ziggler runs the ropes but Wyatt nails a huge clothesline. Ziggler manages to block Sister Abigail and hit a big DDT for a 2 count. Ziggler misses in the corner and Wyatt charges with a splash. Wyatt turns upside down in the corner and waits for Ziggler to get up. Ziggler counters but misses the Fame-asser. They run the ropes again and Ziggler nails Wyatt for a close 2 count. Fans chant “this is awesome” as both men are down. They get to their feet trading shots. Wyatt with a big right hand. Ziggler counters with a kick and nails the Fame-asser. Wyatt jumps right back up and nails Sister Abigail for the win.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
– After the match, Wyatt poses over Ziggler and the lights cut out.
– We go to the announcers with a look back at tonight’s opening segment with The Authority.
– Stephanie McMahon and Triple H are backstage when Seth Rollins walks in. He gives them props for their plan earlier tonight. He asks if they’re really considering Daniel Bryan getting another shot at the WrestleMania main event. Stephanie says they wouldn’t consider Bryan for Fast Lane or WrestleMania. Triple H brings up Randy Orton and how when he was the face of WWE, he just complained about everything. Rollins laughs about hitting the Curb Stomp and putting Orton out of action. Rollins takes anther shot at Orton and says he’s going to take his opportunity and do something with it. Rollins walks off and The Authority approve. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see The Bella Twins attacking Paige backstage on SmackDown.
Paige vs. Alicia Fox
We go to the ring and The Bella Twins are on commentary. Alicia Fox is out first followed by Paige. They go at it and end up on the floor. Paige rolls Alicia back in but runs and screams at The Bellas first. Paige comes in and Fox rolls her up for a 2 count. Alicia takes control now and covers for another 2 count.
Alicia keeps control and hits a Northern Lights suplex. She keeps Paige grounded now. They go on and Alicia hits a backbreaker but Paige turns that into a pin out of nowhere for the win.
– After the match, Alicia decks Paige with a cheap shot while she looks at The Bella Twins. Alicia holds Paige with boots to the back while The Bellas come in and spray her down with some kind of tanner.
– The announcers hype Triple H’s challenge for Sting to meet him face to face at WWE Fast Lane. Booker T guarantees that Sting will show up. Still to come, Reigns vs. Bryan in tonight’s main event. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a behind-the-scenes look at The Miz appearing on USA Network’s Sirens this week.
The Miz vs. Sin Cara
Back from the break and out come The Miz with his assistant Damien Sandow, who gets the bigger pop. We get a look back at Miz ripping into Sandow and firing him as his stunt double earlier. The Miz hits the ring and out comes Sin Cara.
Sandow looks lost as ringside. He goes to do stunt double work and Miz tells him to stop because he’s now the personal assistant. Miz and Cara lock up as fans chant for Sandow. Miz takes Cara down with a headlock. Cara fights to his feet as fans continue to chant for Sandow. Cara with a cross body off the ropes and chops now. Cara with another cross body and more offense. Cara goes to the top but misses a senton. Miz climbs to the top and Sandow climbs up to the other corner. He couldn’t help it, Sandow had to do stunt work. Miz tells Sandow to get down and fans boo. Sandow goes back to the floor to just stand there. Miz catches Cara and drops him on the rope. Miz goes back to the floor to yell at Sandow. Miz comes back in and clotheslines Cara for a 2 count. Miz with more offense and another 2 count before applying a headlock.
Cara comes back with a roll up for a 2 count. Miz comes right back with a clothesline for another pin attempt. Miz wants fans to cheer for him but they boo. Miz keeps control and looks to go for the mask but the referee warns him. Miz with another takedown and headlock. Miz hits the backbreaker neckbreaker combo and fans boo as he poses. Sandow gets on the apron and they cheer. Miz tells him to get down. Cara comes from behind and takes advantage, rolling Miz up for the win.
Winner: Sin Cara
– After the bell, Miz looks on shocked. Sandow comes in the ring and just stands there as the personal assistant. Miz continues to yell at him until the lights hit and Bray Wyatt appears on the big screen. Bray is apparently introducing himself to someone with this promo. He says he’s been watching this person for some time. This person has had people in fear. Wyatt says he’s the new face of fear. He says the devil is real and can’t wait to see this person again. Wyatt knows this person is listening. He turns upside down and tells someone to find him. Wyatt laughs as we go to commercial.
Rusev vs. Erick Rowan
Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion Rusev with Lana for a non-title match. Erick Rowan is out next to a slightly better pop than usual.
As soon as Rowan hits the apron, Rusev kicks him to the floor. Rusev follows and sends Rowan into the ring post. Fans chant USA as Rusev rolls Rowan back in the ring and works him over with knees to the face. Rusev scoop slams Rowan and the referee waves off the match and won’t be calling for the bell. Rusev stomps away and chokes Rowan. Rusev with a big punch to the face as fans boo. Rusev runs and hits a big kick to the face from the floor while Rowan is on the apron. Rusev comes back in and continue the assault. He stomps on Rowan’s back and applies The Accolade. The referee tries to break the hold but can’t. Lana enters the ring and Rusev breaks it. Lana invites everyone to a very special movie premiere. She says it’s Oscar season and we’re in for a treat. She says the film is not your typical fairy tale ending, it will show the future of John Cena and any man that opposes Rusev. Fans boo and we cut to a video package that Lana had made.
We come back and Rusev raises the United States Title as his music hits. The Russian flag starts dropping down and gets hung up. It hangs crooked in the air as Lana and Rusev throw a fit. Fans cheer. Rusev grabs the Russian flag from ringside an starts waving it around.
– We go backstage to Roman Reigns sitting in the locker room. Daniel Bryan takes a seat and brings up what Seth Rollins did earlier. Reigns says Rollins is going to get what he deserves because he gets even. Bryan hopes Reigns isn’t planning on getting revenge at Fast Lane because Reigns will be facing him, not Rollins. Reigns asks if that’s a threat and they stand up. Reigns doesn’t care who he faces at Fast Lane, Rollins or Bryan. He says he’s going to win and go on to WrestleMania. Reigns tells Bryan to get the hell out of his locker room and he does.
Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out comes Seth Rollins with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Daniel Bryan to a pop. They lock up and Rollins takes it to the ropes. Rollins with a headlock and a shoulder block off the ropes. Rollins runs the ropes and we get more back and forth. Bryan drops Rollins into an armbar but Rollins makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Rollins sends Bryan to the floor and throws him into the barrier. Bryan clutches his bad shoulder as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Big Show is now at ringside cheering Rollins on. Rollins has control of Bryan and hits a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Rollins stomps away on Bryan in the corner now. Fans boo as Rollins poses. Rollins charges and nails Bryan in the corner for another 2 count. Bryan starts making a comeback as fans start chanting. Rollins cuts him off and drops him in the corner. Rollins with more stomps. Noble gets another cheap shot in on Bryan. Rollins points up at the WrestleMania banner. Rollins mounts Bryan in the corner and talks trash. Bryan counters, runs the ropes and hits a big clothesline as fans cheer and chant for him.
Bryan nails kicks while Rollins is on his knees. Bryan hits a big running kick for a close 2 count. Bryan takes Rollins to the corner with more kicks. Bryan with a big move out of the corner for another close 2 count. More back and forth as they trade shots. Bryan goes for the Yes Lock but Rollins fights it. Bryan kicks The Stooges off the apron. He sends Rollins out on top of them. Bryan runs and dives onto all three of them, sending them over the announce table as fans pop. Bryan brings Rollins back in and goes to the top. Rollins jumps up and crotches Bryan as Big Show looks on. Rollins climbs up but Bryan turns it around. Bryan goes for a super back drop off the top and nails it. They both land hard but Bryan covers for a close 2 count. Bryan gets a big “yes!” chant going and goes for the knee but Rollins catches him and hits the turnbuckle powerbomb. Rollins with a big shot to the face for another close 2 count.
Fans chant “this is awesome” as Rollins gets up. Show yells at Rollins to finish him. Bryan applies the Yes Lock but Rollins crawls back and gets his foot to the rope to break the hold. Rollins rolls to the floor for a breather with Big Show. Roman Reigns runs down and spears Show on the floor. Reigns stalks Rollins at ringside. Mercury goes down with a spear. Noble enters the ring with a brifcase but the referee sees him. Reigns with a Superman punch on Rollins while the ref is distracted. Bryan hits the knee on Rollins for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– We see Triple H watching backstage as Bryan celebrates. Renee Young asks for comment and he says he will speak on Steve Austin’s podcast, which he walks away to. We go back to the ring and Bryan gets interviewed. He says he’s going to beat Reigns at Fast Lane and go on to win the WrestleMania main event Bryan continues his celebration as we go to replays. RAW goes off the air with Bryan celebrating as we prepare for Austin’s podcast.