– Tonight’s WWE RAW Reunion show opens up with a Martin Luther King, Jr. tribute video. We see fans clapping in the arena before getting the RAW opening video.
– We’re live from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas with Michael Cole, JBL and Booker T on commentary. Cole hypes the Legends appearing tonight.
– We go right to the ring and out comes WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman to a big pop.
Heyman starts introducing himself but Lesnar takes the mic. Lesnar says he’s here to fight and tells Seth Rollins to get his ass out here. Lesnar says when he shows up, it’s business time baby. He says Rollins has about 10 seconds to get his “weasley” ass out here. Fans count down to 10 and Rollins doesn’t show. Lesnar says that’s what he thought. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes by himself. We get a look back at last week’s contract signing as they head to the ring.
Triple H understands the Curb Stop embarrassed Lesnar last week but said Lesnar would have done the same if he had the opportunity. He brings up Lesnar hitting the suplex first. Triple H suggests they all calm down, go backstage and get a big steak for Lesnar, then he and Heyman can discuss this like businessmen. Lesnar asks Triple H if he’s here to fix this or fight. The crowd pops and Heyman tries to talk Lesnar down, saying Triple H pays the bills. Stephanie McMahon’s music hits and out she comes with Kane and Big Show. Stephanie says cooler heads need to prevail. She says this isn’t what Brock wants to be doing, not right now. They enter the ring and face off with Lesnar and Heyman. Lesnar backs up against the ropes closest to the ramp. Stephanie says she’s not trying to make Brock defensive. Rollins appears on the big screen and fans boo.
Rollins says Lesnar is always two steps behind him. Rollins tells Lesnar to relax because he will get his shot, right before Rollins takes the title at the Royal Rumble. Heyman interrupts and says adults are talking. He tells The Authority to get their puppy on the leash before Lesnar fixes it on his own and leaves bodies laying around. Heyman has a spoiler for Sunday and it’s Lesnar still being the reigning and defending… John Cena’s music interrupts and out he comes to a big pop.
Cena talks from the ramp and says they’re all going to settle this on Sunday. He came out to talk to The Authority, he says. He brings up The Authority asking him to join a while back and then coming up with a plan to destroy him. Cena tells The Authority to keep it up because everything they say and do lights a fire under him like never before. Cena’s taking that fire to the Rumble to eliminate Rollins and Lesnar, then declare that the champ is here. He says he would do anything to get Erick Rowan, Ryback and Dolph Ziggler back. He says The Authority has no fire anymore, just ashes. Cena calls them the world’s biggest ash-holes and goes to walk off. Stephanie has his music cut and tells him to come back. Stephanie says this is the turning point in Cena’s career because he used to be the guy who always won but that’s not who he is today. She says John Cena is the man who lied to every fan by bringing The Authority back. Stephanie says Cena can make all the corny jokes he wants but they are here because of him. She says he’s responsible for the three Superstars getting fired and losing their livelihoods. Stephanie says nobody wants to cheer Cena or see him win at the Rumble because he’s not the man he used to be. Rollins calls Cena a loser from the big screen. Rollins rips on Cena some more and says Cena will fail again this Sunday. Rollins says everyone knows Cena is a failure except Cena. Rollins says if there’s one thing he and Lesnar can agree on, it’s the fact that Cena’s time is up. Rollins says Cena should take himself out of the match at the Rumble and walk away. Cena pokes fun at Rollins for stumbling over his words. Cena threatens to come to the back and beat Rollins up. Cena talks about respect and says when he beats Rollins and Lesnar on Sunday, people don’t have to like him but they damn sure will respect him. Cena proposes that if he wins at the Rumble, The Authority must give Ryback, Ziggler and Rowan their jobs back. Triple H says they gave Cena a chance to get their jobs back last week and he failed. Triple H says Cena needs to put something on the line in return. Triple H proposes that if Cena wins his match tonight, the Superstars get their jobs back. If Cena loses, he is out of the title match on Sunday. Cena doesn’t look so sure about that offer. Stephanie asks if he’s really willing to do anything or is he all talk. Cena goes to speak but Triple H cuts him off. He’s leaving the decision up to the fans on the WWE App. He says we’re going to find out what the WWE Universe truly thinks of Cena. Triple H’s music hits and we go to the announcers.
– Cole, Booker and JBL hype the WWE App, saying it’s been downloaded over 15 million times. Cole shows us how to download the WWE App and voting on John Cena will be open later.
– Still to come, Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt. Back to commercial.
Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan
Back from the break and Bray Wyatt is making his way out. Daniel Bryan is out next to a big pop for his first RAW match in nearly a year.
They lock up and Wyatt takes it to the corner. Bryan ducks a shot and goes to work with kicks. Wyatt shoves him across the ring and drops him with a big right hand. Wyatt stomps and takes control. Bryan with a kick and a knee to the gut. Bryan misses a kick as Wyatt rolls to the floor. Bryan hits a dropkick through the ropes and goes to the top. Bryan leaps down and takes Wyatt down. Kane’s music hits and out he comes in a suit. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Wyatt is in control as Kane watches from a chair at ringside. Bryan turns it around with a drop toe hold. Bryan keeps on and goes to the top but Wyatt headbutts him off the top, to the floor. Wyatt sends Bryan into the barrier and the apron before bringing it in. Wyatt with a 2 count. They run the ropes and Wyatt hits the big shoulder. Wyatt uses the ropes on Bryan’s neck and keeps up the attack. Wyatt with a 2 count and more headbutts. Fans chant for Bryan as he fights to his feet but Wyatt takes him back down with a headlock.
Wyatt keeps control and hits a huge clothesline. Bryan lands hard and rolls to the floor as Wyatt talks trash and fans boo. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Wyatt cuts off another comeback attempt and drops Bryan for a 2 count. Wyatt whips Bryan into the corner but it’s blocked. Bryan runs the ropes and nails Wyatt. Bryan rallies and hits the big dropkick in the corner. Bryan with kicks in the corner now. Bryan climbs up and hits the hurricanrana for a 2 count. Bryan with kicks. Wyatt ducks the roundhouse kick but Bryan ends up sending him to the floor. Bryan runs the ropes and nails a big dive to the floor. Bryan rolls Wyatt back in but Kane pulls Bryan off the apron while the referee is distracted. Bryan is thrown back in and Wyatt throws him face first into the turnbuckle. Wyatt nails Sister Abigail for the win.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
– After the match, we go to replays and come back to Kane clapping in the ring. Kane grabs Bryan and chokeslams him. Kane mounts Bryan with rights and lefts while the referee tries to get him off. Kane stands up and loosens his tie before mounting Bryan with more punches.
– Voting will be open later on the WWE App for John Cena risking his Rumble title shot for the chance to get Ziggler, Rowan and Harper their jobs back.
– Still to come, a Royal Rumble Panel with Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels. Back to commercial.
– We come back and Triple H is backstage on the phone. Scott Hall and Kevin Nash walk in wearing nWo t-shirts and they hug. Nash tells Triple H to drop the suit and run around with them tonight. Shawn Michaels walks in to another pop. He comments on the Legends Panel he’s about to do and like The Outsiders, HBK jokes on Triple H’s suit. HBK asks if he’s Vince Jr. Triple H pokes fun at HBK’s Remington t-shirt. Sean “X-Pac” Waltman comes in doing crotch chops. It’s actually Damien Sandow, dressed like Waltman. The real Waltman comes in and Sandow acts as his stunt double. Waltman says he’s hired. The Miz appears and tells Sandow to go change, claiming him as his own stunt double. Nash asks Triple H what kind of show does he run. Triple H drops his head and says he’s ashamed.
– Still to come, the Legends Panel. Back to commercial.
– Cole hypes WWE App voting that will end after the Legends panel. We see John Cena backstage with Renee Young.
– Byron Saxton is in the ring for the Royal Rumble Legends Panel. Three stools are set up and the apron is red. Out first comes Hulk Hogan to a big pop. Saxton introduces Ric Flair next and out he comes. Hogan and Flair hug as Saxton introduces Shawn Michaels and out he comes to another big pop.
Saxton asks them about the WWE App vote on John Cena and if he should put his title shot on the line for the three fired Superstars. Shawn says he should. Flair says no. Hogan says yes. Saxton asks Flair about the 1992 Royal Rumble. Flair gets a big pop for mentioning 2015 Hall of Famer Randy Savage. Flair says the 1992 Rumble was one of the greatest nights of his career. He says there’s nothing like winning the Rumble. Saxton asks HBK about what winning the Rumble meant to him. HBK says there would be no Mr. WrestleMania without the Royal Rumble. Saxton says Hogan is one of the Superstars who helped elevate the Rumble to what it is today and asks him about Rumble memories. Hogan talks about how tough the competition was in the Rumble. HBK predicts Bray Wyatt will win this year’s match. HBK says Wyatt may be whacked out but he’s very talented and has the focus that can take him the distance. Hogan says Wyatt won’t be winning. HBK says this is the second time this has happened and Hogan is always pushing him, always needling him. HBK brings up SummerSlam 2005 and says let’s do it as Hogan stands up. They joke around and Hogan predicts Daniel Bryan will win this year’s Rumble. Flair goes with Dean Ambrose. Big Show’s music hits and out he comes clapping.
Fans chant “you sold out” at Show and he says he did what he had to do for his family. Hogan tells Show fans don’t want him out here. Show tells Hogan to pipe down because it’s no longer his time. Show says Hogan, Flair and HBK are all jealous of him. Show gets in Hogan’s face and reminds him that he beat Hogan for the WCW World Title in his debut. Show reminds Flair how he took him out in WCW. Show says Flair hates that and it eats him up inside. Show says HBK fizzled out when he came on the scene. Show calls them three washed-up has-beens begging for a little attention from the fans. Show says he’s ashamed. Show says he’s going to win the Rumble because there’s nobody who can throw a giant like him over the top rope. Show asks the three Legends to get out of his ring and go back to the old folks home. Show threatens them if they don’t leave. Flair asks if he’s done yet. Flair takes his jacket and Rolex off. Flair chops Show and punches him several times before dancing around into the ropes. Flair comes back into a knockout punch. Fans boo as HBK and Hogan check on Flair. Show says it’s all the fans fault. Roman Reigns’ music hits and out he comes through the crowd.
Show tells Reigns to get out of the ring before something bad happens to him. Reigns comes face to face. Show tells him to get out. Reigns unload with punches. Reign dodges the knockout punch and blocks a chokeslam. Reigns comes back and sends Show over the top rope. Show retreats up the ramp as fans cheer for Reigns and his music hits again. Booker T sits back down from checking on Flair. HBK and Hogan lead the way as officials help Flair to the back.
– Cena is backstage with Renee Young. We have WWE App results and 65% voted for Cena to wrestle the match and put his title shot on the line for the fired Superstars. Cena says he wants to fight, wants the match and tonight, we will realize that the champ is here. Back to commercial.
Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett
Back from the break and WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett is in the ring for a non-title match. Dean Ambrose is out next to a pop.
Back and forth to start. Barrett takes it to the corner but Ambrose comes back with an elbow. Ambrose works Barrett over but misses a clothesline. Barrett with a big kick to the face and a running boot to the face. Barrett with a 2 count. Ambrose ends up kicking Barrett off the apron. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is in control. Ambrose fights back but misses a splash in the corner. Barrett wails away and hits a big knee to the gut for a 2 count. Barrett with a headlock now. Ambrose makes a comeback and hits a nice bulldog. Ambrose with chops on the ropes now. Ambrose runs and his knee goes out. Barrett with a roll up for 2. Ambrose comes back off the rope and hits the big clothesline but his leg is hurting. Ambrose goes to the top but Barrett crotches him. Barrett goes for the Bullhammer but it’s blocked. Barrett goes for Wasteland but Ambrose turns it into Dirty Deeds for the win.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
– Still to come, Cena vs. a mystery opponent with his Rumble title shot on the line. Back to commercial.
– We come back and see Dallas Cowboys players at ringside watching the show.
– We get a Royal Rumble video package.
Big E and Kofi Kingston vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro
We go to the ring and out comes The New Day on the mics. Xavier Woods mentions that he has an ankle injury. They hit the ring and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Natalya is dancing with Adam Rose and the Rosebuds at ringside. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro are in the ring. Big E and Kidd go at it first with Kidd hitting a dropkick. Kofi comes in and takes control of Kidd until Rose provides distraction on the apron. Cesaro tags in and works over Kofi now. Cesaro and Kidd with a nice double team move for a 2 count. Kidd with a headlock on Kofi now.
Cesaro comes back in and hits a big shot to the kidney and a big uppercut on Kofi. Cesaro knocks Big E off the apron and does the Cesaro Swing. Kidd tags in and turns the Swing into a double team move for a 2 count as Big E breaks the pin. Cesaro comes back in with forearms on Kofi. Kofi fights back with kicks in the corner but Cesaro blocks the tag. Kidd gets knocked off the apron and Kofi rolls Cesaro up out of nowhere for the win.
Winners: Kofi Kingston and Big E
– Adam Rose taunts The New Day from the ring after the match.
– Still to come, Cena will put his title shot on the line. Also, a nWo reunion with Hall, Nash and Waltman. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Sean “X-Pac” Waltman to the nWo theme music. Hall does a “hey yo” and issues a survey to see who’s here to see the nWo. Nash says the nWo created the Monday Night Wars and takes credit for many top stars. He says he has an ego but jokes that the nWo is responsible for everything great ever created. Waltman speaks but the music interrupts and out comes Konnor and Viktor of The Ascension.
Viktor welcomes them to the show. He says it’s the Wolfpac but all The Ascension sees is three old dogs begging to be put out of their misery. Konnor says they’re the two to do it. A “you suck” chant breaks out and Nash smiles. Konnor says they were born & bred to rip & shred. Viktor says no team from the past, present or future is better than The Ascension. Especially no team from WCW, he adds. Konnor says it’s their time to rise and welcomes the nWo to the wastelands. A “nWo” chant breaks out. Hall flips his toothpick in Konnor’s face and they all ready for a fight. JBL’s stands up and takes his coat off as fans pop. JBL rips them for having the audacity to come out in front of Legends. JBL had a feeling this would happen and made a phone call. He reveals an APA t-shirt and out comes Ron Simmons to a big pop.
Fans chant for Simmons and JBL as they hug and hit the ring. The music hits again and out comes “Road Dogg” BG James and Billy Gunn, The New Age Outlaws. Road Dogg says says this looks like an old school party. He knocks The Ascension and they attack. Gunn and Dogg beat Konnor and Viktor into the corners a the other Legends look on. Konnor gets sent to the floor. JBL hits a Clothesline from Hell on Viktor. The nWo music hits as the Legends celebrate.
– We see The Authority backstage looking at the WWE App. Still to come, Cena puts his title shot on the line. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and The Authority is backstage. Triple H says it’s time to find out who John Cena will face tonight. Stephanie calls for a drum roll and a man appears with a drum. Triple H announces it will be Seth Rollins, Big Show and Kane. After hassling the drummer, they fire him. Stephanie says Triple H will be at ringside to watch the match. Another guy appears with a trumpet in their face. They talk off as he plays.
– We go back to the announcers and JBL is still wearing his APA shirt. The Bella Twins are on commentary for the next match.
Paige and Natalya vs. Summer Rae and Alicia Fox
Paige and Natalya with some double teaming early on. Natalya with a dropkick and a tag to Paige for a double suplex. Summer and Alicia make one comeback but Paige and Natalya win by submission.
Winners: Paige and Natalya
– After the match, Paige and Natalya face off with The Bella Twins. The two teams will face on Sunday.
– The New Day vs. Adam Rose, Tyson Kidd and Cesaro in an elimination match is announced for the Rumble pre-show.
Rusev vs. R-Truth
WWE United States Champion Rusev is out with Lana. R-Truth comes out rapping next. Truth says every American is coming for Rusev in the Rumble on Sunday. Truth tries to get the upperhand but Rusev makes quick work of him after a big kick and The Accolade.
– Brock Lesnar walks up on Seth Rollins with The Stooges backstage. Lesnar says he’s not going to hurt Rollins… tonight. Lesnar hopes Rollins takes Cena out tonight and then, Lesnar will handle Rollins on Sunday. Lesnar walks off and Rollins is left looking scared. Back to commercial.
The Miz vs. Jey Uso
We come back and The Miz waits in the ring with Damien Sandow as WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos make their way out. We see a sidebar video from earlier of Miz talking about taking back the titles on Sunday.
The end comes when Jey blocks the Skull Crushing Finale and Miz runs into the ring post. Jey goes up top and nails the big splash for the win.
Winner: Jey Uso
– We get a video from earlier tonight with Hulk Hogan talking about John Cena’s chances for tonight. Hogan says with everything against Cena, it can only can get better. He calls Cena a fighter. Hogan says Cena will win the jobs back and go on to win the title at the Rumble.
– Still to come, Cena vs. Kane, Big Show and Seth Rollins. Back to commercial.
John Cena vs. Big Show, Seth Rollins and Kane
Back from the break and it’s main event time. Triple H and Stephanie watch from ringside. Show and Kane both get offense on Cena before Rollins comes in. Rollins works Cena over for a 2 count as the dueling chants for Cena continue. Rollins stomps away on Cena in the corner. Cena counters Rollins and hits a big bulldog.
They keep up the attack on Cena as Kane comes in. Show tags in next and hits a big right hand to the gut. Show with a huge back splash in the corner. Cena ducks a shot in the corner and tries to fight back. Cena scoops Show up but Show falls on top of him for a 2 count. Show steps on Cena as Stephanie looks on and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Rollins is still in control of Cena. Rollins hits a big running shot in the corner for a 2 count. Cena fights back again but Rollins applies a sleeper hold. Rollins with more offense and another 2 count. Rollins tags in Show and tells him to finish Cena off. Show goes to the second rope for a big splash but Cena rolls out of the way as The Authority looks on.
Rollins comes off the top but Cena counters and hits his usual moves. Cena with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. He goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble provide distraction. More back and forth after a Rollins roll up. Cena ends up nailing the AA on Rollins for a close 2 count as Kane pulled Cena out of the ring. Show spears Cena on the floor as Kane takes apart the steel steps. Triple H taunts Cena at ringside but Cena makes it in at the 9 count. Kane readies for a chokeslam and nails it for another 2 count. Rollins comes back in and waits for Cena to get up. Sting appears on the big screen and the crowd goes nuts.
Sting comes out to the stage and provides distraction. This leads to Cena getting the win.
Winner: John Cena
– Triple H throws a fit at ringside. Erick Rowan, Dolph Ziggler and Ryback are now re-hired. Triple H yells for Sting to come back and says he doesn’t belong here. Triple H is furious as fans chant for Sting. Brock Lesnar’s music hits and out he comes with Heyman to a big pop. Lesnar hits the ring and takes down Rollins. He fights off Kane and Show, hitting them both with F5’s. Rollins takes off running to the back as Lesnar looks on. RAW goes off with the air with Lesnar pacing around.