– Tonight’s WWE RAW broadcast opens with a video about how the Road to WrestleMania 31 has taken an unforeseen detour. Tonight’s RAW from the XL Center in Hartford, CT has been canceled due to a snow storm and RAW will air from WWE TV studios in Stamford. We cut to the normal RAW opening video.
– We open up from WWE TV studios with Michael Cole and Booker T. Cole says JBL will be joining them later. He talks about the local travel ban and how RAW at the XL Center was canceled due to the weather. They hype an interview with WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar for later and will replay the Triple Threat from last night. Cole says the controversial Royal Rumble match from last night will be replayed tonight. Cole says by the end of tonight, we will know the WrestleMania 31 main event which is odd because it’s already been announced. We go to the top of WWE headquarters in Stamford and JBL is in the middle of snow coming down for a quick weather report and some comedy. We cut to a replay of the WWE World Heavyweight Triple Threat at last night’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Stay tuned for more RAW coverage.
– After the full Triple Threat and several commercial breaks, we come back to Cole and Booker T. Cole says we will see the Rumble match in its entirety later on. Also, Roman Reigns will be here to talk about the Rumble match and the reaction from the fans in Philadelphia. Up next, an interview with Seth Rollins. But first, back to commercial.
– We come back to a sitdown interview with Michael Cole and Seth Rollins. They talk about Brock Lesnar and the Royal Rumble. Rollins admits he may have underestimated Lesnar last night but says Lesnar may have underestimated him also. Rollins said Lesnar may be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion but he doesn’t have a plan B – the Money In the Bank briefcase. Cole says we will see what Lesnar has to say next. Rollins doesn’t like that and says he’s not leaving. Rollins says Lesnar will have to kick him off set. We go back to commercial.
We come back and Rollins is still in the interview seat. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar walks up with Paul Heyman. Lesnar stares at Heyman and wants the seat. Rollins dusts it off and then pushes it over before walking out. A crew member picks the chair up and Lesnar takes a seat with his title. Lesnar jokes on Rollins. Cole brings up a broken rib suffered by Lesnar at the Rumble and he says that’s true. Lesnar says he’s suffered other injuries before and got through them, and that’s what happened last night. Cole asks about them being at odds with The Authority. Heyman acts like they’re not at odds with them. Heyman says The Authority needs a big name, Lesnar, to headline WrestleMania and if they have a problem with someone like Sting or John Cena, their answer to the problem is Lesnar because he’s for hire if they’re paying. Heyman says they exploit The Authority and The Authority exploits them, it’s business. Cole brings up Lesnar ending The Undertaker’s Streak at WrestleMania XXX and we cut to a video package on that match.
Cole asks how Lesnar overcame the intimidation factor that comes with The Undertaker. Lesnar says the same way he overcame every other challenge. He says he respects no body. Lesnar says he’s The Beast, plain and simple. Heyman praises Lesnar now and calls him a once in a lifetime athlete. Heyman says Lesnar’s matches are can’t miss and must see. Cole says Lesnar is now on a collision course with Roman Reigns and Lesnar smiles. Lesnar says he’s happy for Reigns, good for Reigns but Lesnar hopes Reigns is up for the challenge. Lesnar says he’s up for the challenge and is on a roll. Lesnar says he’s like a steamroller and when a steamroller has momentum, you get out of the way. Cole asks Heyman if Reigns can stop Lesnar at WrestleMania 31 and Heyman says no. Heyman asks Cole when and where is he interviewing Reigns later. Lesnar says maybe he can meet Reigns tonight. Cole hypes the 30-man Rumble main event and that match will be shown soon.
– We come back to WWE TV studios and JBL has joined Cole and Booker. They talk about Lesnar before going to a replay of the 30-man Royal Rumble match from last night. Stay tuned for RAW coverage.
– After the Rumble replay, we come back to Cole and the announcers at WWE TV Studios. Cole says Daniel Bryan will be here for an interview later on. We see Roman Reigns walk in and take a seat for his interview with Cole. Back to commercials.
– We come back to the announcers and they send us to Byron Saxton and Roman Reigns. There’s a sound issue with a buzzing in the background at first. Saxton asks about people thinking Reigns isn’t ready for Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. He says everyone has their opinions. Reigns says he’s fine with being thrown in the deep end to swim with the sharks. That’s how his wrestling career has been. Saxton asks about the crowd reaction at the Royal Rumble. Reigns said he obviously was hoping for a better response but he learned a long time ago that life isn’t fair. Reigns said the fans paid their hard-earned money to come watch the Rumble so they can do whatever they want. As long as he can show up and do his thing, Reigns is happy. He says nobody is worried about fair. Saxton says some critics believe Reigns has been hand-picked for success by WWE higher-ups. He says if that is true, thanks to the higher-ups but it’s still an opportunity. Reigns says he has to lace up his boots and perform by himself, he has to deliver. He says when you get an opportunity, you’re going to either capitalize or not. Saxton brings up The Rock giving Reigns an assist after the Rumble match. Reigns says he is extremely proud of his family and names stars like Afa, Yokozuna, Umaga and others. Reigns says his biggest goal is to headline WrestleMania in front of his father Sika. He’s also looking forward to headlining WrestleMania 31 against Brock Lesnar and meeting Lesnar tonight. They thank each other and that’s it.
– Still to come, there will be a WWE Fast Lane announcement on John Cena. Back to commercial.
– We come back and The Miz is announced for the season premiere of Sirens on the USA Network. They announce Rusev vs. John Cena for Fast Lane. We get a look back at Sting’s RAW debut and a look back at last week’s RAW with Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar. Up next, the latest WWE Hall of Fame announcement. Back to commercial.
– We come back and get the WWE Hall of Fame video for Arnold Schwarzenegger. We see Dean Ambrose making his way through the snow to the building. Back to commercial.
– We come back to Byron Saxton approaching Dean Ambrose inside. Saxton asks how Ambrose got here from Hartford. Ambrose says he traveled overnight. Saxton points out that he’s not even dressed for a blizzard. Saxton talks about hitchhiking in the back of a truck, getting into an altercation with a man at a gas station and almost losing a finger, then making his way to WWE headquarters for RAW. Ambrose says no matter what is in front of him, he’s going to make it to WrestleMania 31. Ambrose is going to check out the rest of the building.
– We go to Renee Young for a sitdown interview with Daniel Bryan. They talk about the Yes Movement and then the troubles he faced last year. Bryan acknowledges that fans were disappointed at Roman Reigns winning the Rumble. Bryan says he was also disappointed Reigns won but not because he’s Roman Reigns, because it wasn’t Bryan that was the winner. Bryan says he failed. He says Reigns saw an opportunity and took it. Bryan admits he did not take it like Reigns did. Bryan adds that he didn’t have someone like The Rock helping him but doesn’t doubt that Reigns can put on a good show with Lesnar at WrestleMania. Renee brings up the Casket Match with Kane on Thursday’s SmackDown. Bryan says the match benefits Kane but he’s mad as hell after last night. Bryan says he has a smile on his face but he’s pissed off. He says he needs to end the feud with Kane in order to go on and become champion and he’s going to end it this week.
– Up next, Lesnar and Reigns. Back to commercial.
– We come back in the overrun to Cole sitting down with Lesnar and Reigns. Heyman shakes Reigns’ hand and asks if he minds if Heyman asks the questions tonight. Heyman has Cole leave and takes his seat. Heyman says he’s known Reigns’ family longer than he’s known them and talks about his history with all of them. Heyman says more importantly, The Rock knows Brock Lesnar. Heyman brings up how Rock ruled WWE in 2002 and was the reigning champion until Lesnar came along. Heyman points out that Rock never asked for a rematch against Lesnar. Heyman says this is because one match with Lesnar is all that Rock could handle. Heyman doesn’t understand why Rock won’t tell Reigns what he’s up against at WrestleMania. Heyman asks Reigns how he’s going to handle disappointing his family when he loses to Lesnar because he can’t beat Lesnar. Reigns says with all due respect, he will answer the question to Lesnar. Reigns adjusts his seat and squares up with Lesnar. Lesnar also faces Reigns. Reigns tells Lesnar he knows who he is, what he is and what he’s signed up for. Reigns doesn’t think Lesnar knows what he’s signed up for. Reigns says he’s going to beat Lesnar and take the title. Reigns says they both know it. Reigns says if he can’t, he’s going to take a piece of Lesnar with him. Reigns says he believes that and so should Lesnar. Lesnar jumps up from his chair but Reigns does the same. They come face to face. They touch and Lesnar says unlike Heyman, he doesn’t respect Reigns. Reigns says but you will. They stare at each other as we go back to Cole, JBL and Booker. They talk about the WrestleMania 31 main event and RAW goes off the air with a shot at snow covered streets in Stamford.