– Tonight’s Backlash go-home edition of WWE RAW on the USA Network opens up with the normal RAW intro video.
– We’re live on a tape delay from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida as Tom Phillips welcomes us. We see some of the WWE NXT developmental talents as “fans” in the crowd as the announcers hype the show. Tom is joined by Samoa Joe and Byron Saxton.
Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair
We go right to the ring for tonight’s opener as RAW Women’s Champion Asuka makes her way out for this non-title match. Mike Rome is about to announce Asuka’s opponent but the music interrupts and out comes new WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Sasha Banks. Her partner, new WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion and SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley joins her. They head to the ring together as Asuka stares them down.
The boos pick up and Bayley tells them to relax because they should be thanking she and Banks for bringing their star quality to RAW. They go on and brag about winning the titles from Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss on SmackDown. Asuka interrupts as they go on and she’s not happy, this is her ring. Bayley fires back and tells her to back off and… the music interrupts and out comes Charlotte Flair, who is all smiles.
Flair tells them to enjoy the spotlight but hurry up because she and Asuka have a match. She goes on but is interrupted by The IIconics, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. Peyton says the match everyone wants to see isn’t Flair vs. Asuka tonight, it’s happening at Backlash on Sunday as The IIconics face Banks and Bayley, plus Bliss and Cross in a Triple Threat. They do their “IIconic!” pose and Asuka isn’t happy. She rants some in Japanese. Flair insults the champions and calls them garbage for needing a title. Bayley and Banks suddenly attack Asuka and Flair. Banks and Bayley have words with The IIconics in the middle of the ring but Flair and Asuka come back from behind on both teams. They clear the ring and stand tall together as we go to commercial.
The IIconics vs. Sasha Banks and Bayley vs. Asuka and Charlotte Flair
Back from the break and Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair is now a non-title Triple Threat. Flair and Asuka stand together, yelling at The IIconics and Sasha Banks and Bayley. The bell rings and here we go finally.
Peyton starts off with Banks and they go at it back and forth. Banks ends up hitting the Meteora but Royce rolls her up for 2. They collide with dropkicks and both connect as fans applaud them. They mush each other in the middle of the ring now. They then turn and charge, knocking Flair and Asuka off the apron. Bayley tags in for the double team on Royce. Bayley drops a knee on Royce for a 2 count.
Royce takes Bayley to the corner and in comes Billie Kay for the double team. Bayley kicks out at 2. Kay counters Bayley in the corner and nails a big elbow to the head. Kay with a modified suplex for a 2 count. Flair ends up coming in and forcing Kay out. Flair backs Bayley into the corner. Fans chant “we want Asuka!” and Flair tells them to shut up. Flair unloads on Bayley with shoulder thrusts in the corner.
Tom says Flair vs. Asuka will still happen tonight. Bayley turns it around on Flair and tags in Sasha for double teaming on Flair in the corner. Bayley tags right back in for more double teaming on Flair. Flair fights them off and levels Banks with a clothesline as Asuka tags in. Asuka knocks Bayley off the apron with a Hip Attack and goes to work on Banks. Asuka with a Hip Attack to Banks in the corner, then strikes and a running bulldog to The IIconics. Asuka dances around after running wild on her opponents. We go to commercial with Asuka standing tall.
Back from the break and Kay levels Asuka with a big boot for a 2 count. Royce tags in for the double team to Asuka for another 2 count as Banks breaks it up. Banks and Bayley both go down again as The IIconics show off. Flair tags in and kicks The IIconics. Flair launches Royce over her head. Flair misses Banks and Bayley as they jump back off the apron as she charges. Flair decks Kay and in comes Asuka off a tag. Asuka and Flair have some tension overt he tag. Asuka unloads to Kay but Flair tags herself back in and they argue some more. Flair unloads on Kay. More back and forth now. Flair levels Kay with a big boot. Flair goes to the top for the moonsault, telling Asuka to watch how it’s done. Asuka tags herself in and runs over to apply the Asuka Lock on Kay while Flair is up top. Kay taps for the finish.
Winners: Asuka and Charlotte Flair
– After the match, Asuka’s music hits as she and Flair face off in the middle of the ring. Asuka raises her title in Flair’s face. Flair comes back and runs over Asuka with a clothesline as boos pick up. Flair taunts Asuka with her own title, raising it int he air while she’s down. Flair taunts Asuka and says she’s never defeated her. Flair’s music hits as she drops the title over Asuka.
– Still to come, Rey Mysterio will appear. We get a video package showing recent happenings with Rollins and his stable vs. Rey, Aleister Black and Humberto Carrillo. We see Rey preparing to join the announcers for a follow-up interview from home later on.
– The music interrupts the announcers and out comes Seth Rollins to boos. He’s all alone. Rollins takes his time walking to ringside and motions for Saxton to give up his headset. Saxton hands it over to Rollins and he leaves. Rollins takes a seat and says he wouldn’t miss this. Rollins says hi to Rey, who is live via satellite from home. Rey calls Rollins a son of a bitch. Rollins is all smiles as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Rey tells Tom that he saw his doctor this morning and while the doc didn’t make any promises, things are looking up and he’s recovering but further damage is possible. Rey still doesn’t know when he will be able to compete but here’s a warning. He threatens Rollins with a 619 as soon as he’s able to deliver one. Rey says Rollins will pay for what he put his family through, he’s going to kick Rollins’ ass. Rollins fires back about Rey spreading misinformation. He gave Rey the chance to walk away a legend and wants to give Rey one more chance. Rollins personally invites Rey and his son Dominik to come to RAW next week so he can show them face-to-face that the sacrifice he’s made is for the greater good. Rey knows Rollins only wants him t here because he’s not cleared. Rey says when he is cleared, Rollins and the whole world will know about it. Rollins says Rey has this all wrong, as soon as… Rollins suddenly gets his head knocked off out of nowhere as Aleister Black attacks while Rollins is seated at the announce table. We go to commercial.
Austin Theory and Murphy vs. Humberto Carrillo and Aleister Black
Back from the break and we’ve got tag team action. Austin Theory and Humberto Carrillo go at it to start. Murphy and Aleister Black watch from the aprons.
Theory levels Carrillo early on for a quick pin attempt. Theory pounds on Carrillo. Carrillo gets free and tags in Black. Murphy also tags in and unloads with strikes on Black. Black comes back with strikes of his own. Black avoids Murphy’s Law and rolls him for a 2 count. Black with more strikes and a big moonsault. Black readies for Black Mass on Murphy but Theory runs in. Black takes him out and sends him to the floor.
Carrillo runs the ropes and dives out, sending Theory into the barrier. Black with a 2 count on Murphy. Murphy looks to mount more offense and goes to the top but Black runs up with a big kick to the head for the pin to win out of nowhere.
Winners: Humberto Carrillo and Aleister Black
– After the match, Rey’s music and video starts up but out comes Seth Rollins with a mask on. Black and Carrillo are distracted, allowing Theory and Murphy to attack from behind. Rollins joins in for the triple team. Theory drops Carrillo with The ATL. Rollins yells at Black while Murphy holds him and then delivers a knee to the face. They take turns on Black some more after Carrillo gets sent to the floor. Rollins works Black over and barks at Murphy and Theory to keep beating on him. Rollins yells in Black’s face while they hold him, and then delivers a Stomp while they hold him down. Rollins stands tall in the middle of the ring and raises the arms of Murphy and Theory as the music hits. Black is down face-first on the mat. Rollins picks up the Rey mask and stares at it.
– Charly Caruso is backstage with Randy Orton, asking about the match with Edge at Backlash. The only question Orton wants answered is if Edge will be the only guest on The Peep Show. He is. And is that next? It is. Orton has a look and Charly asks him why. Orton says he thinks there may be two guests on The Peep Show.
– We go back to the ring and out comes Christian making his RAW return to host The Peep Show. Christian hits the corner to pose as the “fans” cheer him on. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Christian wants to get right to it. Ahead of what might be “The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever,” here is WWE Hall of Famer Edge. The music hits and out comes Edge as Tom hypes Edge vs. Randy Orton at Backlash. Edge takes a seat with his good friend in the middle of the ring. Christian mentions being excited for Edge’s recent return but to be honest, he thinks Edge is running on fumes. Edge looks a bit surprised at the comments. A “you still got it!” chant starts up in the crowd.
Christian says the greatest wrestling match ever, he doesn’t even think Edge could pull off in his prime. The crowd boos some. Christian says they are best friends and have to be brutally honest with each other. Christian says these are some lofty expectations and Edge is lying to himself if he thinks he can deliver on that. He thinks Edge is buckling under the pressure. Edge asks Christian if he’s thought what it’s like to be in his shoes, or what he’s going through when he hasn’t been in a straight up wrestling match in 9 years, and now it’s being called the greatest ever. Edge says pardon him if this Edge feels a bit different or has some self-doubt. This isn’t the same Edge that used to look in Christian’s face to help him when he doubted himself before going out for their matches. They go on and Edge mentions excuses. Christian stands up and says that’s why he’s here – excuses. He gets louder with Edge now and Edge also stands up. Christian asks what happened to Edge and where is his belief. Christian knew someone who used to be there for Edge and believe in him – his late mother. She was there for all your big matches and she’ll be here for this one even if you think she’s not. Christian gets intense with some motivation as Edge stares him down. Christian smiles and says there’s what he was looking for, there’s those eyes of Edge. Christian goes on about believing in Edge and seeing it in his eyes when he put Orton down at WrestleMania 36. Christian says they believe in Edge, they think he can do it, they think he can have the greatest wrestling match ever. He goes on until Orton appears on the big screen.
Orton begs them to shut the hell up and says if he’s going to be sick if he has to listen to them spew this crap any longer. Orton goes on running Edge down, about how he’s going to embarrass and break Edge until he’s being sent back home to be with his wife and daughters. Edge just stares straight ahead as Orton keeps ranting. Orton says the redemption of Edge is over this Sunday at Backlash. Edge says no it’s not. He drops the mic and exits the ring, heading to the back as his music starts up. Edge stops on the ramp and looks back at Christian in the ring. He keeps walking to the back now.
– Still to come, The VIP Lounge with MVP and guest Bobby Lashley. We see what happened last week when WWE Champion Drew McIntyre was attacked by Lashley right after he beat MVP as RAW was going off the air.
– Charly is backstage with MVP now, asking for perspective on what happened last week as RAW went off the air. MVP says Lashley will use that same Full Nelson to win the WWE Title this Sunday but if she wants a detailed break down, she has to wait until The VIP Lounge tonight. WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth is making noise off to the side. MVP isn’t impressed. Truth goes on about beating Rob Gronkowski last week but of course he gets the names all mixed up. Truth tells MVP to look out for him and tell anyone who asks that he hasn’t seen him. MVP calls Truth a clown. Truth just wants MVP to look out if anyone comes looking for him. Lashley suddenly comes from behind and applies the Full Nelson to take Truth down. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Truth. The Viking Raiders vs. Lashley and MVP will take place later tonight.
– We get a video package on the “Anything You Can Do, We Can Do Better” challenge between RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits and The Viking Raiders. We cut to video recorded earlier today of the Decathlon between the two teams. The 1,600 meter dash and archery are first and the competition is at 1-1. The Profits choose flip cup or beer pong next, and they win. The Vikings select sword fighting next. Montez Ford forfeits. Hurdles is next. The Vikings run through it and it’s now 3-2. Stick fighting is next and The Profits lose. A dance off is next. Ford dances to the music of WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels. Ivar dances to Fandango’s music and then starts dancing with the female judge. The Profits still win. Shot-put is next. The Vikings choose Turkey Leg Eating next. The Vikings win and it’s now 5-4, with the champs up. Pole Vaulting is next as Ford hits a big jump. Ivar is next and he also nails it to tie 5-5. The two teams argue after the tie.
Triple Threat for the #1 Contendership to the WWE United States Title: Kevin Owens vs. Andrade vs. Angel Garza
We go back to the ring and out comes WWE United States Champion Apollo Crews for this non-title match. Crews poses in the corner as we see highlights from last week’s match with Kevin Owens, which was interrupted by an attack from Angel Garza and Andrade. This led to a tag match, which Crews won for his team by pinning Andrade. Crews takes the mic and says he’s so, so, so, so excited to defend his United States Title at Backlash against the winner of this Triple Threat – Garza vs. Andrade vs. Owens. Crews goes to speak but Andrade’s music interrupts and out he comes with Garza and Zelina Vega.
Owens suddenly attacks Garza and Andrade on the ramp for a big pop. Vega screams out as Owens destroys both competitors on the outside. A hyped up Owens hits the ring and tells them to bring it as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and the bell rings as they go at it. Owens gets beat down. There’s a tease of some tension between the two but they beat Owens down again. Garza tosses his tights as usual and Andrade almost takes the pin on Owens. Owens finally fights back swinging on both competitors but the double team shuts him back down on the ropes. Vega applauds.
Owens tries to fight out of the corner but they beat him down again. We see Crews watching backstage as Andrade grounds Owens while Garza works on his leg. Vega cheers them on as they wear Owens down some more. Owens blocks a double suplex but they end up hitting it. Andrade with a 2 count as Garza breaks it up. Garza and Andrade have words now. Andrade shoves first. Garza shoves back. They start brawling to the floor now. Vega yells at them as they send each other into the Plexiglas barrier.
Vega tries to get in between them but she gets knocked down. They yell at each other but stop to check on Vega while she’s down. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Garza climbs up top with Owens and they trade shots. Owens blocks a superplex. Owens elbows Garza to the mat and hits a big top rope senton but Andrade breaks the pin up just in time. We see how trainers helped Vega to the back during the commercial break.
Owens has Andrade on his back now. Owens drops back with a senton onto Garza with Andrade on his back. Owens with corner cannonballs to each competitor. He misses the next as Andrade moves. Andrade with running knees to both competitors. He runs into a Garza superkick next. Owens superkicks Garza. Owens goes back to the top for a Frogsplash to Andrade but Andrade kicks out just in time. We see Crews backstage watching the match. Owens goes for a Pop-Up Powerbomb on Andrade but it’s blocked. Andrade levels Owens with a back elbow but he kicks out at 2. Andrade kicks Garza down on the apron. Andrade lifts Owens but Owens counters. They tangle and Garza nails a missile dropkick to Owens. Andrade and Garza have words in the middle of the ring, then start unloading on each other with big strikes.
Andrade and Garza both tumble out to the floor. Owens runs the ropes and leaps out over the top, taking down both competitors on the floor. Owens brings Garza back in the ring. Owens goes for a Stunner but it’s blocked. Garza drops Owens with a big shot to the leg. Garza with his submission on Owens’ injured leg. Owens crawls for the bottom rope and finally makes it to break the hold. Garza goes for the Wing Clipper but Owens blocks it and ends up hitting the Stunner. Andrade runs in, breaks the pin up by dropkicking Owens off of Garza. Andrade then steals the pin on Garza for the win to earn the title shot.
Winner and New #1 Contender to Apollo Crews: Andrade
– After the match, Andrade stands tall as his music hits. We go to replays.
– We see what happened with Asuka and Charlotte Flair earlier. Sarah Schreiber is backstage with Flair now. She insists she didn’t really lose, get pinned or submit at “takeover: In Your House” last night. She goes on about really succeeding at Takeover as she elevated the title and the brand, now she’s back to main eventing RAW. She goes on with the promo but Asuka comes in dancing. Flair asks her if she ever takes anything seriously. Asuka says yes she does… she slaps Flair in the face to send her down to one knee. Asuka slowly walks off as Flair wipes her mouth in shock. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Andrade and Angel Garza arguing over what happened and who hurt Zelina Vega. She appears, clutching her neck, and doesn’t speak when they ask if she’s OK. She just points ahead and they start walking away.
– Tom sends us to video of WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle giving his opinion on Edge vs. Orton at Backlash. Angle has stood toe-to-toe with both men, and he thinks they can both rise to the occasion but he believes Edge will win. It wasn’t an easy decision but he can’t bet against a fellow Hall of Famer.
– The Viking Raiders are shown backstage asking someone if he’s decided on joining The Raid or not. It’s WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. They do some comedy and Drew looks ahead to the post-RAW celebration if they can win tonight, and says he will have turkey legs for Erik and Ivar. Ivar likes the idea of this. Drew says they might want to stick around and watch what happens on The VIP Lounge. Drew walks off and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and 24/7 Champion R-Truth, United States Champion Apollo Crews and WWE Hall of Famer Edge are announced for tonight’s RAW Talk on the WWE Network.
– We go to the ring and MVP is out for another edition of The VIP Lounge. MVP welcomes everyone and starts praising his guest for tonight, saying he has the single-most devastating move in WWE. MVP goes to bring Bobby Lashley out but the music interrupts and out comes WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. MVP is surprised.
The crowd chants for Drew as he hits the ring. Drew jokes around that MVP was giving him a grand introduction. MVP tries to speak up but Drew keeps on, raising the WWE Title in the air. MVP says they are not friends but more importantly, why is Drew here? Drew couldn’t help but notice Lashley and Lana were having an issue backstage and he knows MVP is about to bring them out. Drew knows MVP was about to start bragging on him and his Claymore Kick, so continue on. MVP says no, he was about to talk about Lashley and his Full Nelson.
Drew says he’s still feeling last week’s Full Nelson. Drew says MVP doesn’t know about the Full Nelson but he knows about the Claymore as he’s taken several lately. MVP says this is all part of his business plan, which will culminate this Sunday when Lashley rag-dolls Drew again and wins the WWE Title. Drew jokes that MVP is going to show Lashley the secret to all those 0 world title wins he had. Drew is tired of talking. He’s going to give a countdown, then kick MVP in the face. He can take it like a man or get chased down and beaten up anyway. Drew counts but Lashley comes from behind in the ring. They face off. Drew says this is how it’s going to go. Drew raises the title and cuts a promo on Backlash. He turns out of nowhere and drops MVP with a Glasgow Kiss headbutt as Lashley watches. The music hits and out comes The Viking Raiders, Erik and Ivar. They have RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits with them, Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins. Lashley and MVP re-group at ringside, as do Drew and the others. We go to commercial.
MVP and Bobby Lashley vs. The Viking Raiders
Back from the break and Bobby Lashley goes at it with Ivar to start. Lashley unloads and hits a Flatliner for a 2 count. MVP tags in for more offense on Ivar in the corner, unloading as the referee warns.
WWE Champion Drew McIntyre watches from a chair at ringside. RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits are also watching from ringside. Lashley comes back in and works over Ivar but Ivar turns it around. We see Lana watching backstage as MVP tags back in after Lashley gets rocked. Erik comes back in to keep up the attack on MVP in the corner.
Erik rocks MVP into the corner with strikes. Ivar tags back in with a big thrust in the corner. Ivar grounds MVP by his arm now. Erik tags in for the big double team to MVP. Lashley comes back in but he fights Erik off and drives him down for a close 2 count. Lashley mounts Erik with punches now. Lashley beats Erik back down in the corner and tags MVP back in for more of the same. Drew is all smiles at ringside, taunting the heels.
MVP with a big kick to the back of Erik and a low dropkick for a 2 count, and another. MVP shows frustration and covers for another 2 count. MVP grounds Erik by his shoulder now. Lashley and MVP manhandle Erik near their corner, keeping him down as the referee warns them. MVP tags back in for a double suplex and they nail it. MVP covers for 2. Erik ends up leveling Lashley with a big right. Ivar tags in as does MVP. Ivar drops MVP and unloads while he’s down, stopping to yell out. Ivar gets decked in the corner as MVP moves. Lashley tags in but Ivar sends him to the floor with a big boot after an impressive counter. Lashley sends Ivar face-first into the announce table.
Lashley and MVP have words with The Street Profits at ringside. Ivar flies over at them and takes MVP and Lashley down next to the announcers. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Erik has Lashley grounded by his arm in the ring after the earlier chaos at ringside. Erik takes it to the corner and Ivar tags in to keep the attack going. Ivar grounds Lashley. Lashley breaks free with a big clothesline. Lashley with a big corner shot, followed by MVP with a big running boot to Ivar in the corner. MVP covers for a 2 count. MVP with another pin attempt but no luck.
We see Lana backstage watching again. Charly Caruso asks if it bothers her that her husband asked her to stay backstage during his matches. She calls MVP a leach but she will respect her husband’s wishes because they will be champion soon. Lana says she’s been focusing on her marriage and now wants to focus on herself to make 2020 the year of Lana. We see Lashley ground Ivar in the ring again as Drew stares them down. Lashley catches Ivar with a big powerslam for a close 2 count. Lashley keeps the attack going on Ivar and in comes MVP again. MVP pounds on Ivar with kidney shots in the corner. Ivar fights out of the corner but MVP rocks him back to one knee. Ivar finally tags in Erik, who blasts MVP and unloads on him with strikes in the middle of the ring.
Erik also knocks Lashley off the apron. MVP charges but Erik catches him with a big overhead suplex for a pop from everyone, including The Profits at ringside. Ivar tags back in for the big double team sequence on MVP in the corner. Erik then nails the Hammer of Thor with Ivar on MVP in the corner. Lashley breaks up Erik’s pin. Ivar sends Lashley to the floor. Lashley and Drew have a moment at ringside after Lashley bumps into him. Lashley runs right past Drew and hits a Spear on Ivar on the floor. Drew and Lashley stare at each other. More back and forth between the two teams now. Erik levels MVP in the ring and yells down at him. Lashley runs back in and applies the Full Nelson to Erik from behind. Lashley manhandles Erik for a few seconds to get the win.
Winners: MVP and Bobby Lashley
– After the match, MVP and Lashley stand tall in the ring as Drew looks on from the outside. Ivar runs in and slugs MVP to the mat while Drew and Lashley are staring at each other while Drew is still on the outside. Lashley turns around and applies the Full Nelson on Ivar. Drew ends up running in and breaking the hold with a big Claymore Kick, sending Lashley out of the ring but still on his feet. Drew stands tall with the title as his music hits, taunting Lashley and warning him for Backlash.
– Still to come, Flair vs. Asuka. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers go over the Backlash card for Sunday.
Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair
We go back to the ring for tonight’s non-title main event as RAW Women’s Champion Asuka makes her way out. Charlotte Flair is out next.
The bell rings but the music interrupts and like earlier, out comes WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Sasha Banks and Bayley. Flair takes advantage of the distraction and drops Asuka. Bayley and Banks join the announcers on commentary. Asuka fights in from the apron and kicks Flair in the back of the neck. Flair takes Asuka to the corner and unloads with shoulder thrusts.
Asuka fights out but misses a dropkick. Flair goes for a kick but Asuka catches it and controls her by the leg. Flair drops Asuka and gets free with a shot to the jaw. Flair levels Asuka with a big kick to the face now for some boos. Flair brings Asuka out and launches he rover the announce table. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it on the floor. Asuka counters and kicks Flair. They bring it back in and go at it. Flair catches a Hip Attack. Asuka with strikes. Asuka catches Flair with a big submission in the middle of the ring. More back and forth between the two. Flair with a big dropkick for a 2 count in the middle of the ring. We see The IIconics watching on the other side of the barrier.
Flair manhandles Asuka now, slamming her face to the mat while talking some trash. Flair smashes Asuka’s face into the mat repeatedly with her boot. Flair manhandles Asuka some more on the mat and drives knees into her back. Flair keeps Asuka grounded now. Flair is warned about a handful of hair but she rocks Asuka again and poses for some boos. Flair takes Asuka to the apron and drives high knees into her. Asuka lands on the floor for a breather. Flair goes for a baseball slide but Asuka moves. Asuka goes back in and nails a Dragon Screw leg whip. Flair is on the outside now, struggling. Asuka nails a big Hip Attack into the barrier.
Flair comes back and rocks Asuka against the barrier. Flair brings it back into the ring and drops a knee to Asuka. Flair drops another exposed knee and grounds Asuka with a headlock now. Flair keeps control but Asuka blocks a suplex and rolls her up for 2. Flair comes right back with a big clothesline for another close pin attempt. More back and forth now. Flair beats Asuka back to the outside and talks some trash to her and the camera. The referee counts as they trade strikes against the apron. Asuka unloads and takes her leg out. They roll back in and Asuka screams out for a pop. Asuka goes to the top as fans chant for her. Flair runs and knocks Asuka from the top to the floor with a huge big boot.
The IIconics suddenly attack Banks and Bayley at ringside, destroying them with ease. They drop Bayley on top of the announce table with a Fall from Grace. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Flair is chopping Asuka in the ring. Asuka tries to fight but Flair drops her with a chop. Asuka mounts offense and drops Flair with a Hip Attack for a 2 count. Asuka with more offense and an armbar. Flair fights out and mounts Asuka with big elbow strikes. Flair scoops Asuka but she gets free. Flair catches another Hip Attack and nails a belly-to-back suplex for a close 2 count. Flair shows some frustration now.
Flair keeps control and chokes Asuka with the ropes now as the referee counts. Flair grounds Asuka with a headlock in the middle of the ring now. The crowd tries to rally for Asuka. She fights up and out but Flair takes her right back down to the mat. Flair continues to keep shutting Asuka down and taking her time. Asuka drops Flair with another big dropkick out of the corner. Asuka dodges a big boot and drops Flair on her head with a German suplex.
Asuka with a Hip Attack in the corner now. Asuka delivers kicks and knocks Flair to the floor with another Hip Attack, right in front of the announcers. Flair rams Asuka back into the apron as she comes out. Asuka with a sliding knee to Flair’s face from the edge of the apron. Asuka and Flair tangle on the apron now as Flair blocks moves. Flair drops Asuka with a big boot on the apron. Flair goes to the top of the barrier now at ringside to deliver a big moonsault. Asuka goes back down on the floor as the referee counts.
Flair brings Asuka back into the ring as a “this is awesome!” chant breaks out. Flair wraps Asuka’s leg around the ring post a few times. Asuka pulls Flair into the post. Flair fights in from the apron and dodges a Hip Attack. Flair comes right back with another big boot for another 2 count on Asuka as the main event just drags on with more of the same. Flair goes for the Figure Four but Asuka kicks her away. Flair goes for a Spear but Asuka gets her knee up to the face of Flair. Flair kicks out at 2. Flair blocks the Asuka Lock on the mat as they tangle some more. Flair gets free but Asuka kicks her away with shots to the face. Flair comes right back with a Spear for another 2 count. They get up and trade strikes once again. Asuka tries to take Flair down to the armbar. Flair fights off the Asuka Lock, ramming Asuka back into the corner. Asuka with a big kick to the head.
Nia Jax runs down but Asuka meets her on the apron with strikes to stun her. Asuka sends Jax to the floor with a Hip Attack. Flair takes advantage and levels Asuka with a huge boot for the pin to get the non-title win.
Winner: Charlotte Flair
– After the match, Jax looks on as we go to replays. Flair poses in the corner as her music plays. Jax enters the ring and hits Asuka with a Samoan Drop while Flair watches. Jax’s music hits and she backs up the ramp as the announcers plug Jax vs. Asuka for the title at Backlash on Sunday. RAW goes off the air with Jax staring back at the ring.