– Tonight’s post-Money In the Bank edition of WWE RAW opens up on the USA Network with a video package looking back at last night’s big MITB main event from WWE HQ in Stamford, CT. We cut to the RAW opening video package.
– We’re live on tape from the closed-set WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Tom Phillips welcomes us. He’s joined by Byron Saxton. Still to come, Randy Orton and WWE Hall of Famer Edge will meet in the ring. Byron announces Rey Mysterio and Aleister Black vs. Murphy and Seth Rollins. Also, there will be a special edition of “A Moment of Bliss” with two surprise guests.
– We go right to the ring and out comes RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch. She’s wearing the women’s MITB briefcase and there’s no sign of her title. Lynch enters the ring and places the briefcase on a podium, then poses on the ropes.
Lynch is emotional as she takes the mic. She says tonight isn’t a happy night for her because she’s torn between joy and sadness. She’s at a place in life where things are about to change. She asked officials to raise the stakes for the women’s MITB Ladder Match and they did just that. She goes on talking about first coming to WWE and not knowing anyone in the country, not knowing if anyone would care about her. She’s crying more now. Becky goes on about the fans and says the fans deserve to hear this from her first. She says she has to go away for a while. The music interrupts and out comes Asuka, the winner of the women’s MITB Ladder Match on Sunday.
Asuka enters the ring ranting about how the briefcase is hers. Lynch agrees. Lynch says Asuka has beaten her when no one else could, she has been the best wrestler in the world and this is why she’s glad this is happening to Asuka. Becky reveals that Sunday’s match wasn’t for the briefcase, it was for the title. She opens the briefcase, which Asuka hasn’t been able to do because only Becky knew the combination. Becky opens the case and the RAW Women’s Title falls out. Asuka is shocked that she’s the champion. Becky confirms that Asuka is the champion. Asuka takes the title and goes to the floor, dancing around with the title. She dances up to the announcers, stands on the announce table and is all smiles. She laughs and dances some more, back down into the ring with Becky.
Lynch says a few more things to Asuka and says she’s going to be a mother now. Asuka is surprised. Asuka hugs Becky and chants her name. Becky is all smiles now. Lynch and Asuka hug while Becky’s music hits. Lynch exits the ring, smiling some and crying some as her music plays. She slowly walks up the ramp, looking back at Asuka in the ring. An emotional Lynch exits to the back, telling fans she will miss them. We go back to the ring as Asuka’s music plays. She celebrates and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Samoa Joe standing with Tom and Saxton now. We get replays of Becky Lynch’s announcement with Asuka. We also see Becky return to the backstage area as other Superstars congratulated her.
No DQ Match: Bobby Lashley vs. Humberto Carrillo
We go back to the ring and out first comes Bobby Lashley for this No DQ match. Humberto Carrillo is out next.
The bell rings and they go at it. Lashley takes Carrillo down and slaps him. Lashley takes it to the corner and keeps control. Lashley charges but Carrillo moves. Carrillo fights from the apron but Lashley rocks him and brings him in. Carrillo lands on his feet and slaps Lashley in the face. Lashley is heated now. Lashley catches Carrillo and drives him into the mat.
Lashley ends up sent to the floor but he rocks Carrillo as he tries to hit the ropes. Lashley grabs a steel chair and goes to swing but Carrillo dropkicks him off the apron, sending the chair into Lashley’s face. Lashley goes down and we return to commercial.
Back from the break and Lashley is in control in the ring. Lashley runs into a big boot in the corner. Carrillo flies off the top but Lashley is still standing. More back and forth now. Carrillo rolls in and kicks Lashley out of the ring. Carrillo ends up on the outside but dodges a running boot, leaving Lashley hung up on the barrier. Lashley ends up with Carrillo on his shoulders. Lashley charges and just manhandles Carrillo into the steel ring post and LED panel. Carrillo falls to the floor.
Lashley keeps control and grabs the chair again. Lashley swings it but Carrillo ducks and the chair smashes on the ring post. Carrillo with chair shots to Lashley now, in the gut and over the back. Lashley yells out in pain as Carrillo continues with the chair shots. Carrillo brings it back in the ring and springboards at Lashley but Lashley catches him with a Full Nelson.
Lashley tightens the Full Nelson and manhandles Carrillo on his feet. Carrillo fades out and the referee calls the match.
Winner: Bobby Lashley
– After the match, Lashley stands tall and has his arm raised as the music hits. We go to replays. Lashley paces the ring as Carrillo rolls around on the outside. Tom talks about Lashley’s easy win over R-Truth at Money In the Bank.
– -RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits are backstage talking about The Viking Raiders. Apparently there will be a game of 2-on-2 basketball between the two teams tonight. Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins want the smoke. We cut to Erik and Ivar. Ivar has a basketball and he looks confused by it. Erik wonders why The Profits would challenge them to a basketball game. Ivar says Erik is the one who told The Profits they can do anything better. Erik wonders why Ford and Dawkins couldn’t pick something like sword fighting or axe throwing. Ivar asks if it will help if they did some karaoke. Erik says no. Ivar is confident that they’ve got this, they just have to remain physical like in the ring. They’re both not sure what fouls are, but they’re ready for the 2-on-2 game.
– Still to come, more on the returns of Edge and Randy Orton. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a replay of the segment with Becky Lynch and Asuka. Charly Caruso is backstage with Asuka now, asking about her title reign. Kairi Sane enters the shot and she’s shocked at her partner winning the title. They start celebrating together and continue this to end the segment.
– Tom sends us to a video package on the Randy Orton vs. Edge feud. They will be here in the ring together tonight.
– We see how Apollo Crews was injured at the hands of WWE United States Andrade a few weeks back. The camera cuts backstage to Zelina Vega trying to calm things between Andrade, Austin Theory and Angel Garza as they argue. Garza will be in action next. Back to commercial.
Angel Garza vs. Akira Tozawa
Back from the break and Angel Garza vs. Akira Tozawa is in progress. Zelina Vega, Austin Theory and WWE United States Champion Andrade watch from ringside.
Back and forth as they go into the corner. Garza takes it to the corner and he’s already in his trunks. Garza works Tozawa over in the corner and delivers a big chop. Garza with more strikes and a big knee to the gut. Tozawa takes Garza down but Garza lifts him and drops him onto a big kick for a close 2 count. Garza mounts Tozawa’s back in the corner and works him over. Garza talks some trash and turns Tozawa upside down. Garza runs in and delivers a big punt kick but Tozawa still kicks out at 2.
Garza stretches Tozawa on the mat now as Tozawa screams out. Tozawa gets his foot on the bottom rope to break the hold. Garza continues beating on and taunting Tozawa. Garza sets up for the Wing Clipper and apparently has some words for partner Theory. He then drops Tozawa in the Wing Clipper, covering him for the pin while staring Theory down.
Winner: Angel Garza
– After the match, Vega gets in between her trio as the argument continues in the ring. The music interrupts and out comes WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. Drew says he was just worried, and asks if they’re all on the same page again. They have some words and McIntyre delivers a big Claymore Kick to Theory. Garza and Andrade laugh at Theory. McIntyre delivers a big Claymore to Garza next, sending him out to the floor. Drew and Andrade face off now, trading words. Drew says he was trying to do Andrade a favor. They have words and stare each other down some more. Drew shoves Andrade and the stare down continues as we return to commercial.
Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade
Back from the break and this non-title Champion vs. Champion match is underway as Drew McIntyre and Andrade go at it.
Back and forth to start the match. Andrade takes control in the corner. They go on for a few minutes until Drew flattens Andrade. Vega looks on worried. Andrade goes out and Drew follows. Drew works Andrade into the barrier and then delivers a big chop. Andrade fights back and charges but Drew catches him with a tilt-a-whirl slam on the edge of the apron. The referee counts as Drew stalks Andrade on the floor. Andrade ends up suckering Drew in, sending him to the apron. Andrade unloads at ringside now as Vega watches all smiles.
Andrade brings it back in and stops the count. Andrade with a baseball slide into the hurt arm. Andrade focuses on the arm now. More back and forth between the two and pin attempts. Drew starts tossing Andrade around the ring, then levels him with a big boot. Drew flies off the top and puts Andrade back down. Drew kips up and keeps control. Drew rocks Andrade a few more times. Drew catches Andrade with a big sit-down powerbomb for another 2 count. Vega can’t believe it.
More back and forth between the two. Vega screams at the referee after a close call by Andrade. Drew gets up but Andrade is on him. Drew blocks the Hammerlock DDT and tosses Andrade away. They trade big chops. Andrade with a big back elbow. Drew with a Glasgow Kiss headbutt. Drew with ore offense into the corner. Andrade blocks the reverse Alabama Slam. Andrade ends up on Drew’s shoulders now and he can’t escape. Drew with the reverse Alabama Slam. Drew waits for Andrade to get up and nails the Claymore in the middle of the ring. Drew covers for the pin to win.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
– After the match, Drew stands tall as his music hits. Drew has his arm raised as we go to replays. Drew takes the mic and says he didn’t come out to have a match, but he comes dressed to fight because anything can happen on RAW. Plus he’s always down to have a Claymore Party, and that was fun. Drew does want to address some things. He says his match with Seth Rollins at Money In the Bank was a hell of a fight, and Rollins brought it, but he won. Drew mentions the Brand-to-Brand Invitation next. He says RAW extended an invite to SmackDown and not only did they accept, they chose Drew as their opponent. He gives some clues and the biggest is that everyone on Earth hates this person. Drew says he is a terrible, terrible human being. Drew announces he will be facing King Baron Corbin next Monday on RAW. Drew says Corbin has finally stepped up but Drew promises he will have a Claymore fit for a king ready for Corbin next week. Drew drops the mic as his music starts back up. He makes his exit after saying he’s going to rip Corbin’s head off next week.
– Still to come, Edge and Randy Orton are here. Also, The Vikings vs. The Profits in a 2-on-2 basketball game.
– We see Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross backstage. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and MVP is giving praise to Bobby Lashley backstage. MVP asks Lashley why he’s fighting people like Humberto Carrillo and not the WWE Champion. MVP reminds Lashley how many years it’s been since he fought for the title. All these years later and MVP is back but Lashley is stuck in the same damn spot. He asks when Lashley is going to let himself out of that place, and be Lashley. He walks off for his match and tells Lashley to marinate on that. MVP comes across Lana and tells her if Lashley is looking for a way out, come find him. Lana just screams and yells at MVP as he walks off.
– We go to the ring and out come WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross for a special edition of “A Moment of Bliss” on RAW.
Bliss said she thought it was time to bring “A Moment of Bliss” on the road. They talk about Becky Lynch’s pregnancy announcement and Mother’s Day. They go on and out come their guests – The IIconics, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce, making their returns. Bliss takes a shot and says they’re somewhat still important. They end up telling Bliss and Cross to get ready to defend their titles tonight. Bliss says it doesn’t work like that. Royce tells them to keep it non-title, but they’re not leaving without a match. Kay says the future has already arrived here on RAW. They do their “IIconic!” pose and Cross starts emptying the ring of the set so we can have a match.
Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross vs. The IIconics
Back from the break and WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Alexa Bliss goes at it with Peyton Royce in this non-title match. Royce takes control but Bliss kicks out at 2. Nikki Cross comes in as Royce gets trapped in the apron and double teamed. Bliss and Cross mount some more offense but Kay levels Cross and covers for a 2 count. Kay screams out and tags Royce back in for the double teaming on Cross.
Royce keeps control of Cross but trades pin attempts with her. Royce drops Cross for another close 2 count. Royce stomps on Cross. Kay tags in and shoves Cross over Royce, sending her to the mat. Kay with a 2 count. Kay grounds Cross in a submission now, taunting her and working her over. Kay with a knee to the head. Royce tags in. Cross knocks Royce off the apron. Kay drops Cross and Royce comes back in for the big double team. Cross still kicks out at 2.
Cross reaches for a tag but Royce stops her again. Royce slams Cross by her hair and ignores the referee. Cross fights back but they both go down. Kay and Bliss rally for the tags. Kay and Bliss tag in and run wild one each other. Bliss unloads and drops double knees, then back flips with the knees. Royce breaks the pin up at 2. The referee gets Royce out but she gets free and tangles with Cross, sending her to the floor.
Kay with a cheap shot to Bliss’ throat while the referee isn’t looking. Kay tags in Royce and they drop Bliss with another double team for the non-title win.
Winners: The IIconics
– After the match, The IIconics retreat to the stage to celebrate as their music hits. We go to replays. Bliss and Cross clutch their titles and recover as Kay and Royce taunt them.
– Charly Caruso is backstage with Rey Mysterio. He feels great after Money In the Bank but admits he saw his life flash before his eyes when King Baron Corbin tossed him off the roof. Rey says a miracle happened as he landed on another part of the roof, just 6 feet down. By the time he realized, tonight’s partner Aleister Black suffered the same fate. He congratulates Otis on winning and says he tried his best but couldn’t get the job done. Caruso goes on about tonight’s match and Seth Rollins appears, standing Rey down. Rey says may the best team win tonight. Rey congratulates Rollins and says being a father genuinely changes your life. Rey is genuinely happy for Rollins and Becky Lynch. Rollins just turns and walks away. Rey is confused. He walks off.
– Still to come, Black and Mysterio vs. Rollins and Murphy. Also, Ricochet and Cedric Alexander will be in action. We see R-Truth backstage ready for his match with Cedric and Ricochet. Truth introduces his wacky cousin, Pretty Ricky. It’s just Truth with cross eyes and jacked up teeth. He says he’s back. We go back to commercial.
MVP, Brendan Vink and Shane Thorne vs. Cedric Alexander, Ricochet and R-Truth
Back from the break and MVP is on the apron with WWE NXT Superstars Brendan Vink and Shane Thorne. R-Truth is out with Ricochet and Cedric Alexander. Thorne starts off with Truth. Ricochet comes in early on and launches himself at Thorne from the apron for a 2 count.
Cedric comes in and works over Thorne now. Vink tags in and levels Cedric, who didn’t see the tag. Vink unloads in the corner with boots to Cedric now. Thorne takes Cedric down and grounds him. Truth keeps transforming into Pretty Ricky on the apron. Vink keeps Cedric grounded. Thorne gets sent off the apron but he comes right back and Vink levels Cedric with a right hand after they trade shots. Ricochet gets sent off the apron to the floor. Cedric kicks Thorne in the face. Truth and MVP tag in at the same time.
Truth dropkicks MVP for a close 2 count as Thorne breaks it up. Ricochet runs in and hits a neckbreaker to Thorne. Ricochet goes to the floor Vink runs over to their side but Cedric leaps off the apron. Vink catches him. Ricochet with a huge moonsault from the apron, taking down Cedric, Thorne and Vink on the floor. MVP takes advantage of Truth showing off, and knocks out his fake teeth. This ends up backfiring and Truth hits the Lie Detector on MVP for the pin.
Winners: R-Truth, Cedric Alexander and Ricochet
– After the match, Truth stands tall but the music interrupts and out comes Bobby Lashley. Lashley hits a big Spear to Truth. Lashley manhandles Truth some more as MVP watches. He then stands by as MVP levels Truth with a running kick to the head. MVP and Lashley leave to the back to talk as Lashley’s music hits.
– Charly is backstage with Jinder Mahal. She welcomes him back and he says he’s truly honored to be back. He says one positive is his old pal Drew McIntyre is WWE Champion. He was elated to watch Drew prosper, but as a former WWE Champion, he deserves to be loved by the WWE Universe. Jinder has learned from his past mistakes and is on his way back to the top. His journey to the top this time will be a hero’s journey. He walks off.
– Back from the break and we get another replay of the opening segment with Becky Lynch and Asuka.
– Shayna Baszler is backstage with Charly, who asks about Becky’s pregnancy announcement. Baszler wonders how stupid Becky was to get knocked up as champion. She says 10 out of 10 mothers will swear that pregnancy didn’t ruin their careers. Baszler goes on and says Becky is throwing it all away to house some miserable parasite. She says to imagine The Man barefoot and fat, sitting on the couch eating Bon-Bons. Baszler says the kid is going to suck. “You know who the father is? I rest my case,” Baszler says as she walks off.
– Tom leads us to a special look at “The Last Ride” on the WWE Network, featuring a behind-the-scenes look at The Undertaker. Chapter 1 of 5 premiered on Sunday. The special look ends and we see AJ Styles backstage watching. He’s not happy, throwing his popcorn and storming off.
Rey Mysterio and Aleister Black vs. Seth Rollins and Murphy
We go to the ring and out first comes Rey Mysterio. Aleister Black is out next. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we see Becky Lynch hugging Vince McMahon backstage. The sound cuts out and we can’t hear what they’re saying but it looks like they’re laughing and joking around. We go back to the ring and out comes Seth Rollins and Murphy. Rollins looks a mess as he stares straight ahead. Even Murphy looks a little concerned about how he’s doing.
Black starts off with Murphy. Black also looks worried about Rollins. Rollins is just staring off on the apron. Black and Murphy trade holds. Murphy goes for a tag but Rollins is just staring straight ahead. Black tangles with Murphy and rolls him for a 2 count. Black drops Murphy and grounds him by his arm in the middle of the ring. Rey tags in and they take turns on Murphy. Rey levels Murphy for a quick 1 count.
Rey and Black continue to dominate Murphy as Rollins hasn’t moved yet on the apron. Murphy turns it around and sends Black into the corner. Murphy with strikes to keep Black in the corner. Murphy tries to get Seth’s attention but he turns around to Black sending him out of the ring to the floor. Black looks to fly out but he puts the brakes on and sits down in the middle of the ring. Murphy rushes in but also puts his brakes on as they stare each other down. Murphy ends up rocking Black and trying to get Seth’s attention again. Black comes back with big kicks. Black drops Murphy with a big knee for a close 2 count. Black keeps Murphy grounded by his arm now.
More back and forth between Black and Murphy. Black levels Murphy with a huge strike to send him to the floor. Rollins is still just staring straight ahead.. Black gets in Rollins’ face on the apron. Rollins looks at him but that’s it. Black goes back to work on Murphy. This backfires as Murphy rocks Black with a big kick, sending him to the floor. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Black is going at it with Murphy. Murphy with a shot to Rey. Murphy comes off the second rope but Black meets him in mid-air with a big boot. Rey tags in and flies off the top with a season senton. Rey goes on with a crossbody off the ropes. Murphy rolls Rey but he rolls through and nails a kick to the face. Murphy goes to the floor to regroup. Rey leaps off the apron and launches Murphy into the barrier with a hurricanrana.
Rey brings Murphy back into the ring. Rollins is still staring ahead. Rey goes to the top for a crossbody but Murphy rolls through with a handful of tights for a 2 count. Rey tangles with Murphy, blocking Murphy’s Law for a bulldog. Murphy kicks out at 2. Rey gets sent into the corner. Rey back elbows Rollins. Rey and Murphy go at it again. Rey goes for 619 on Murphy but Rollins catches it from the floor, and then slams Rey hard on the floor. The referee calls for the bell.
Winners by DQ: Rey Mysterio and Aleister Black
– Rollins snaps and begins attacking Rey on the floor. Rollins with a thumb to the eye. The referee calls for Rollins to back off but he focuses on Rey’s injured eye now. Black gets sent into the barrier by Murphy it looks like. Seth sends Black over the barrier to the concrete. Rollins yells at Murphy and tells him to stay the hell back. Rollins grabs Rey’s head, yelling that it’s not his fault, while jamming the corner of the steel ring steps into his hurt eye. Rey screams out and Rollins lets him fall. Rey rolls around clutching his face as the referee calls for medics to tend to him. Rollins stares down at Rey rolling around in pain. WWE Producer Adam Pearce helps a medic take Rey’s mask off and cover his eye with a towel but we can’t see his face, just some blood. Rey is still screaming out in pain. Rollins marches up the ramp and just stops, staring ahead. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Rey Mysterio suffering an eye injury at the hands of Seth Rollins. Rey is backstage in the trainer’s room now with Aleister Black. Rollins and Murphy come walking up. Rollins seems to apologize and tells Rey he doesn’t know what happened out there. Black attacks Murphy and they go at it until officials separate them.
– The announcers lead us to video from earlier today, of RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits warming up for their 2-on-2 basketball game with The Viking Raiders. Erik and Ivar watch them warming up, in full Vikings gear, and seem to have the game of basketball figured out. They’re not very good to start. We go to commercial with The Profits laughing at The Vikings as Erik and Ivar go off to the side to re-group. Back to commercial.
– We get another plug for “The Last Ride” on the WWE Network.
– We go to a local basketball court for RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits vs. The Viking Raiders. The buzzer sounds and The Profits go over the rules. Erik and Ivar aren’t too sure about the rules, leading to the first score by Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins. And another. The Profits score again and are just showing off at this point. They want the smoke, but Erik tells them smoking actually isn’t good for you. The Profits just shake their heads. It’s now 21-0 on the scoreboard. The Profits say they always knew “White men can’t jump” but they didn’t know about Vikings. Ivar’s buzzer beater from half court misses. Ivar ends up grabbing Dawkins by the arm at one point but he backs off. It’s 37-0 now and Ford says maybe The Vikings will have better luck next quarter. It’s onw 49-0 in the 3rd period. It’s now 55-0 at the end of the 3rd. The Vikings finally score and start celebrating like they won. The Profits tell them to look at the scoreboard and it’s 74-2 at the end of the 4th. The Profits celebrate now, taunting The Vikings for just making one shot.
– Shayna Baszler is backstage warming up. Natalya approaches and isn’t happy with Shayna’s earlier comments about motherhood. She’s going to make her pay. Baszler asks Natalya what she knows about being a mother. She goes on and says we all know The Hart Dynasty will die with Natalya. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we go back to the local gym for what happened between The Street Profits and The Viking Raiders after the blow out. The Profits told them good game and laughed at them. Erik says they let The Profits win. Erik tells Ivar to show them. Ivar starts sinking three pointers. Erik also has some skills. Erik says they told The Profits that anything they can do, The Vikings can do better. We get a slow motion shot of Ivar dunking the ball next. The Vikings celebrate now and The Profits aren’t thrilled with what they’re seeing.
Shayna Baszler vs. Natalya
We go back to the ring and out comes Shayna Baszler for the next match. Natalya is out next.
The bell rings and Natalya locks up, taking Baszler down with a headlock. Baszler counters but Natalya gets up and talks some trash, calling her a fake wrestler. They tangle on the mat some more. Baszler drops Natalya with a shoulder and taunts her. Baszler with another takedown into a headlock in the middle of the ring. Baszler works on the arm but they get back up. Natalya with a few shots to the face while they hold each other and she talks some trash.
Baszler takes the strikes and drops Natalya to the mat. Baszler rams Natalya into the corner and the referee counts. Baszler drops Natalya in the corner with a cheap shot, then taunts her some more. Natalya applauds from down in the corner. Natalya calls her a bitch and asks if that’s all she’s got. Baszler counters and rams Natalya back into the corner. The referee counts. Baszler backs off and tries to trip Natalya in the corner again.
Natalya fights and they trade shots in the corner. Baszler unloads with strikes against the turnbuckles as the referee warns them. Baszler with a suplex, and another. Natalya kicks out at 1. Natalya counters on the mat with a roll-up for 2. Natalya with another takedown. Natalya goes for the Sharpshooter but Baszler blocks it. Baszler goes to break Natalya’s arm as she has done to others recently. Natalya tries to counter with a roll-up but comes up short. Baszler levels Natalya with a knee strike for the pin to win.
Winner: Shayna Baszler
– After the match, Baszler makes her exit as her music hits. We go to replays. We see Natalya throwing a temper tantrum on the mat. She gets up and kicks the ropes.
– Charly is backstage with King Baron Corbin now. Before she asks about next week’s match with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre, she wants to know what happened at Money In the Bank. Corbin says last night proved he will do whatever it takes. She asks about him tossing Rey Mysterio and Aleister Black off the roof. Corbin says they’re both lucky because what people didn’t see was the two of them landing on a secondary roof just feet away. Charly asks if Corbin has what it takes to go toe-to-toe with the champ next week. Corbin says of course he does. Corbin says McIntyre thinks the battle with Brock Lesnar made him but that’s not the case. He says Drew road his coattails on RAW for more than a year, watching him earn his crown. Corbin says next week he will prove why they call him the king.
– Still to come, Edge and Orton. Tom sends us to a Make-A-Wish video. Back to commercial.
– We go back to the ring and Charly Caruso is out with a mic for the main event segment. She introduces WWE Hall of Famer Edge and out he comes. Edge thanks Charly and takes the mic.
Edge talks about this being his first time in the ring in 6 weeks. He talks about getting cleared to return and the WrestleMania 36 win over Randy Orton in the Last Man Standing match. Edge says he came back to WWE to retire on his own terms.
He says he does know that WrestleMania is not the end for Edge. If we saw RAW last week like he did, we all saw the promo video where it said The Rated R Superstar was coming to hunt The Viper. Edge says WWE didn’t talk to him about that because that’s not why he’s here. He got his pound of flesh and his closure at WrestleMania 36. He says he and his family are ready to move on. Edge goes to speak about what he sees when he looks in the locker room but the music interrupts and out comes Orton. Charly introduces him.
Orton takes the mic and tells Edge he came out here to say one thing. Orton steps closer to Edge, pauses, and then congratulates Edge. Orton says the better man won at WrestleMania. Orton looks back at Edge and exits the ring as his music starts back up. Edge stares straight at the mat as Orton exits the ring. Orton stops on the ramp and comes back into the ring.
Orton says he tried to be the bigger man, bite his tongue, congratulate Edge and walk off but he just can’t do it. Orton says he can’t lie to himself or Edge. It is true that the better man won at WrestleMania, but the better wrestler didn’t. Orton says Edge made his miraculous return at the Royal Rumble, but a little convenient as he had the ability to hide behind 29 other Superstars. Then at WrestleMania he fought Orton in a match Edge chose, a Last Man Standing match. Orton goes on about how brutal that match was and says it didn’t take him 9 years to get back on his feet like it did Edge.
Orton says 9 years, almost a decade. That’s a long time. Orton says those two matches aren’t traditional wrestling matches so if you ask him, it’s been since 2011 since Edge laced up his boots and actually wrestled. Orton doesn’t think Edge has it in him anymore. Edge stares Orton down. Orton says he knows that look – there is doubt in Edge’s eyes. Orton goes on and says Edge’s passion won’t knock off his ring rust. That passion and grit won’t help Edge now. Orton goes on about the story writing itself, wondering if Edge has the guts… the guts to face him at Backlash in a straight up wrestling match. They’re face-to-face staring each other down now. Charly approaches and asks Edge if he has a response. Edge looks down and then back at Orton. Charly says if this does happen it just might be the greatest wrestling match ever. Edge is still silent. Orton is still staring at Edge while Edge looks off to the side of Orton. RAW goes off the air.