– Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow opens with Michael Cole welcoming us to a sold out Allstate Arena in Chicago. CM Punk‘s music hits as the crowd pops. Instead of Punk, out comes John Laurinaitis with a Punk shirt on. Laurinaitis impersonates Punk and heads to the ring. Laurinaitis says he is the future and has brought the new golden era. Laurinaitis says he is honoring CM Punk and is a believer. CM Punk’s music hits again and this time out comes the WWE Champion to a big pop.
Punk hits the ring to huge chants from the crowd. Punk says Laurinaitis must be trying to antagonize him. Punk asks what is stopping him from kicking Laurinaitis in the face. Laurinaitis says he’s Punk’s boss and may fire him but he’s not here to argue tonight. Laurinaitis has a Holiday gift for Punk, as he calls it, and gives Punk the night off. Gotcha, he says. Laurinaitis says he listens to the fans and he knows they want to see Punk in action tonight. Laurinaitis puts Punk in a Gauntlet Match and he picks the opponents. If one of them beats Punk, that Superstar gets a WWE Title shot on next week’s RAW. Punk asks what happens when he wins and Laurinaitis hasn’t thought of that yet.
As a present to Chicago, when Punk survives the Gauntlet Match he wants a fourth match. Punk asks the fans if they want to see him wrestle 4 times and they cheer. Punk says the fourth match should be CM Punk vs. John Laurinaitis, if he can survive the Gauntlet. Laurinaitis tells Punk he doesn’t want any of this. The crowd chants “you can’t wrestle” and Punk says it sounds like the fans have been watching All Japan tapes. Punk gets the fans to rally behind Punk vs. Laurinaitis and they start chanting his name. Laurinaitis accepts the challenge. Punk laughs as Laurinaitis leaves the ring and Cult of Personality plays.
– Punk poses as Lawler and Cole hype tonight’s show. We’re interrupted by another cryptic video for January 2nd, 2012. “The End Begins” it says. “Next Monday.”
– Booker T and WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes are heading to the ring as we go to commercial.
Booker T vs. Cody Rhodes
Back from the break and out comes Booker T followed by his opponent Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes in a rematch from TLC.
They lock up and Booker wraps Cody’s arm up. Cody fights out and drops Booker with a shoulder block. Booker with a big hip toss and shots in the corner. Cody makes a comeback but Booker drops him with an elbow to the nose. Booker keeps in control but Cody ducks the scissors kick. Cody with a swinging neckbreaker and stomps in the corner.
Cody dumps Booker out to the floor and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Booker is making a comeback in the ring. Booker takes it to the corner but Cody drops him with an elbow. Cody with a knee to the head and a shot to the jaw for a 2 count. Cody keeps Booker grounded on the mat. The crowd cheers for Booker and he fights to his feet. Booker tries to come back but Cody hits a right hand and a clothesline for 2. Cody stomps on Booker some more and continues to keep control of the match. Booker and Cody trade shots on their feet now until Cody dropkicks him to the mat.
Cody with another 2 count. Booker finally fights out of a chinlock but Cody knees him into the corner. Booker finally turns things around and hits a pair of clotheslines and a big sideslam for 2. They go back and forth then trade pin attempts coming out of the corner. Cody ducks the scissor kick again and rolls Booker up for 2. Cody hits the Beautiful Disaster kick but Booker kicks out at 2 again. Booker blocks Cross Rhodes and barely hits the high kick. Cody ducks another kick but Booker comes back and finally hits it for the non-title win.
Winner: Booker T
– United States Champion Zack Ryder is backstage. He thanks John Cena and says he owes him. Cena says Ryder doesn’t owe him a damn thing. Cena says everything Ryder has is all because of him. Cena admires Ryder for not listening to the haters and says Ryder earned the US Title. Ryder asks Cena about Kane. Cena says he’s been attacked for two weeks now and if Kane is anywhere in the building, the last RAW of 2011 is going to go out with a bang. They wish each other good luck.
– Jerry Lawler announces to the crowd that CM Punk’s opponents in the Gauntlet Match tonight will be Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler and if he makes it that far, the last man will be Mark Henry. If Punk defeats Henry, he will get the match with John Laurinaitis. If one of the Superstars pins Punk, they get a WWE Title shot next week.
– Kelly Kelly and Big Show are backstage talking. An official tells Big Show Laurinaitis needs him right now. Show shrugs it off and says he’s busy. Armstrong says it’s important and Show walks off, saying it better be important. Back to commercial we go.
– Back from the break and Laurinaitis is on the phone with Brodus Clay and says he will debut next week. David Otunga is in the room when Big Show comes in. Laurinaitis wants Show to explain him knocking out Otunga on SmackDown. Otunga knocks Show for his short World Title reign. Show says he can beat Otunga with one arm tied behind his back. Laurinaitis likes the idea of this and gets Otunga to agree to it. Show makes Otunga jump back and walks out.
– Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler are backstage talking about competing in the Gauntlet Match. Ziggler tells Swagger to go back to 2009 when he was relevant. Vickie Guerrero walks up and says the important thing is one of them will win the WWE Title next week from Punk. Mark Henry walks up, asks them to excuse him and walks off.
Eve Torres and Zack Ryder vs. Tyson Kidd and Natalya
We go to the ring and out first comes Eve Torres. Her partner is out next – United States Champion Zack Ryder. We go to commercial next.
Back from the break and Ryder is starting off with Tyson Kidd as his partner Natalya looks on. Kidd strikes first and mounts an offense. Kidd runs into double knees from Ryder in the corner. Ryder with a dropkick and a pin attempt. Kidd tags in Natalya and in comes Eve. They go at it and Eve takes her to the mat. Eve booty pops and then hits a standing moonsault for a 2 count. Natalya kicks out and takes control of Eve, slamming her face into the mat.
Natalya kicks Eve around and goes for a Sharpshooter. Eve kicks her off and tags in Ryder. Ryder and Kidd go at it. Ryder with forearms and a slam to the mat. Ryder runs into a kick but connects with a sitdown powerbomb. Natalya breaks the pin. Eve dropkicks Natalya into the ropes and fist pumps with Ryder. They hit Broski Boots on Kidd and Natalya. Ryder hits the Ruff Ryder on Kidd for the win.
Winners: Eve Torres and Zack Ryder
– They fist pump after the match and Ryder gives Eve his US Title for a second.
– Up next, John Cena will call out Kane. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes John Cena to a very mixed reaction from the crowd.
Cena admits he isn’t Chicago’s favorite son and talks about his history with the city as fans boo him. Cena goes on and on before putting over Chicago and then says tonight we will see hellfire and brimstone, we will see John Cena vs. Kane. Instead, The Miz comes out to the stage.
Miz says he wants to see Miz vs. Cena tonight. Miz says they have loose ends to tie up and says 2011 was the year of The Miz. Miz talks about WrestleMania 27 and says he wants everyone’s last image of 2011 to be him standing over Cena. Cena tells Miz to shut up and wash the bad tan off his body. Cena says he will beat the hell out of Miz right now and calls for a referee to come out.
John Cena vs. The Miz
The bell rings and they lock up. Cena tosses Miz and they go to lock up again but Cena goes behind and slams him.
Cena keeps control until Miz rolls out and grabs a microphone. He says the fans are chanting the wrong name, forget this match and forget everyone. Miz reminds everyone he is the most must-see WWE Champion of all-time and talks about beating Cena at WrestleMania again. Miz says this match doesn’t matter and the referee calls for the bell.
Winner by Count Out: John Cena
– Miz keeps rambling and taunting the fans. R-Truth‘s music hits and out he comes, making his return. Truth tackles Miz at ringside and beats him up. Truth slams Miz into the barrier. Miz tries to fight back but Truth tackles him over the announcers table. Truth tosses Miz into the table and the barrier some more, going crazy on his former partner. Truth sends Miz into the steel steps and looks like he’s talking to himself. Truth grabs a mic and nails Miz with more right hands. Truth says he could finish this right now but there’s no fun in that. Truth with more big right hands while Miz is down against the steps. Truth wants every Monday night to be like Christmas, so he’s going to take his time getting to Miz. Truth says Little Jimmy said it’s okay. Truth goes on and hits Miz some more before smacking him with a water bottle. Truth walks off talking to himself as his music plays.
– Back from the break and Cole says Kane is here tonight and will make his presence known.
Big Show vs. David Otunga
Big Show comes out first and the referee ties one of his arms behind his back. David Otunga makes his way out next as we get ready to go. Otunga moves around to start and avoids getting caught. Show catches Otunga’s leg in between his legs and pulls him down with the one arm he has. Show hits a headbutt and chop in the corner. Otunga gets a kick in and another. Otunga tries to take Show to the corner but can’t. Show chases Otunga around some more. Otunga finally thrusts him once into the corner but Show manages to toss him over the top rope with his left hand. Mark Henry’s music hits and out he comes. Show tries to get his right hand untied but can’t as Henry enters the ring.
Henry knocks Show down and turns around to World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan on the apron. Bryan taunts Henry with the title belt from the floor. Henry turns around to a chokeslam attempt from Show. Otunga stops it and Henry exits the ring. Show chokeslams Otunga instead.
Winner by DQ: Big Show
– Henry heads to the back as Show stares him down. Cole plugs Kane appearing as we go back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and out comes Ricardo Rodriguez wheeling Alberto Del Rio in a gold wheelchair. Ricardo, wearing a neckbrace, introduces Del Rio and hands him the mic. Del Rio talks about his groin tear from last week’s show. Del Rio says he will be back as The Bella Twins come walking out. They say the fans need to treat Del Rio with respect. The Bellas argue about throwing a party in Del Rio’s honor when he recovers. Del Rio tells them to get out of here. Del Rio says he will be back and will be more vicious, more aggressive than before. Del Rio doesn’t care who he has to destroy, he will be WWE Champion again.
– WWE Champion CM Punk is walking backstage as we go back to commercial.
Gauntlet Match: CM Punk vs. Jack Swagger
Back from the break and out comes Jack Swagger with Vickie Guerrero. The WWE Champion CM Punk comes out next to a big pop from the hometown crowd. The bell rings and they lock up. Punk with a headlock but Swagger goes behind. Punk twists his arm up but Swagger overpowers Punk into a bridge. Punk comes back up but Swagger knees him in the gut and applies a headlock.
Swagger with a big shoulder block. They run the ropes and Punk hits a kick to the jaw for a 2 count. Punk with more kicks now. Swagger goes behind with a gutbuster and drops an elbow drop. Swagger with another and a big leg drop for 2. Swagger with a waistlock now. Swagger with another knee to the gut from a counter for another pin attempt. Swagger with knees in the corner now until the referee backs him off. Swagger pulls Punk into his knee and goes for the Swagger Bomb out of the corner. Punk catches him for GTS but Swagger fights out. Punk drops Swagger with a kick to the head for the pin.
Winner: CM Punk
Gauntlet Match: CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler comes right out for Punk’s next opponent. Swagger comes from behind and takes out Punk’s leg. Swagger beats on Punk as Ziggler enters the ring. The referee checks on Punk but he says he’s good to go. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control. Punk kicks out at 2. Ziggler works on Punk’s hurt leg and gets another 2 count. Ziggler hits a big dropkick for another 2 count. Ziggler keeps control and goes for another dropkick but Punk catches him. Punk slingshots Ziggler into the corner. Punk with a neckbreaker attempt but Ziggler pushes him into the corner. Ziggler takes out Punk’s leg again and covers for a 2 count. Ziggler with a single leg crab on Punk’s leg now. The hold is finally broken and they go at it standing up now. Punk drops Ziggler with a big kick to the head and scoop slams him. Punk with several kicks to Ziggler’s back and another to the face for a 2 count.
Punk comes back and hits the high knee in the corner. Punk goes for GTS but Swagger distracts the referee while Vickie stops the GTS. Ziggler drops Punk now for a 2 count. John Laurinaitis comes down pissed off and grabs a microphone. He says there has been an injustice tonight, right as Punk is about to win. Laurinaitis stops the referee and ejects Vickie and Swagger from ringside. Laurinaitis walks up on the apron and distracts Punk by talking to him about their proposed match tonight. Ziggler comes from behind and lays Punk out for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, Ziggler grabs the WWE Title and parades around the ring with it. Ziggler will get the WWE Title shot next week. Ziggler runs up the ramp with Punk’s title and poses with it as Punk looks on from the ring.
– Up next, Kane will address John Cena. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Kane. He talks about people living lies when John Cena’s music hits. Cena comes out to the stage. Kane makes the pyro explode on the stage and Cena stays put. Kane cuts a promo about how everyone hates. How everyone hates someone and hate drives us. Hate, hate, hate. Kane knows Cena feels the hate, feels it swimming under his skin. Kane says you become honest with yourself once you embrace the hate, you become free. Some of the crowd chants for Cena.
Kane goes on about how Cena needs to embrace the hate and says Cena will have to end 2011 with the image in his head of the crowd chanting “Cena sucks.” Kane starts saying it and some of the crowd picks up on it. RAW goes off the air with Cena holding his head down on the stage