– Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow opens up with the normal RAW intro video. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcome us to the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island, New York. They hype John Laurinaitis’ final statement and Cyndi Lauper’s appearance.
– We go to the ring and out comes Long Island’s own Mick Foley.
Foley says he got a call from the Board of Directors last night. While they figure out the next permanent General Managers for RAW and SmackDown, they will be reaching out to former General Managers so they reached out to Foley, a former Commissioner. Foley will be hosting both RAW and SmackDown this week. Foley announces Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus and WWE Champion CM Punk.
Foley introduces John Laurinaitis, who is coming out to make his farewell address. Laurinaitis comes out on his crutch, with his arm in a sling and a brace around his neck. A “you got fired” chant breaks out. Foley hugs Laurinaitis and causes him more pain as he enters the ring. Laurinaitis takes the mic and the crowd boos him. Foley gets the crowd to boo Laurinaitis some more. Laurinaitis gets mad and says the fans are rude so he will wait and give his address later. He also announces he made tonight’s main event before he was fired. That match will be John Cena vs. Big Show, David Otunga and himself in a handicap match. Laurinaitis yells at Foley to have a nice day and leaves the ring.
Laurinaitis is headed to the back when the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus comes out. Sheamus stops and stares him down before heading to the ring where Foley waits. WWE Champion CM Punk is out next as we get ready for tonight’s opener. Punk stops on the ramp and mocks Laurinaitis as he passes. Punk enters the ring as we go to commercial.
CM Punk and Sheamus vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
Back from the break and out comes Kane followed by his partner Daniel Bryan. Bryan and Sheamus start things out as we get ready to go. They lock up and Sheamus takes Bryan to the mat with a headlock. Sheamus goes for White Noise early but Bryan counters. Sheamus ends up on the floor but comes right back in over the top and takes Bryan out. Sheamus with a big sideslam for a 2 count and a tag to Punk. Punk springboards in for a 2 count on Bryan.
Bryan turns it around and tags in Kane. Kane works over Punk and clotheslines him in the corner for a 2 count. Kane works on the arm now. Punk fights out but gets dropped with a big elbow for a 2 count. Punk fights off both Kane and Bryan in the corner. Kane cuts him off but misses a clothesline. Punk dives through the ropes and takes out Bryan on the floor. Punk drops Kane over the top rope. Punk goes to the top and comes down but Kane punches him in mid-air. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane goes for a chokeslam on Punk. Punk stops it with a kick to the head. Sheamus gets the tag and takes out both Kane and Bryan from the apron. Sheamus unloads on Kane and scoops him for a big powerslam. Sheamus with a 2 count. Sheamus with big forearm shots to the chest on the apron on Bryan. Kane charges but Sheamus moves and he knocks Bryan to the floor. Kane counters White Noise and dumps Sheamus to the floor. Bryan runs and hits a hard dropkick to the face on Sheamus. Kane comes back in and tries to stop Sheamus from tagging. Bryan joins in with the double team. Bryan with kicks on Sheamus in the corner now.
Bryan with a dropkick in the corner and another 2 count on Sheamus. Kane comes back in and continues the assault on Sheamus. Kane with a big sideslam and another pin attempt. Kane climbs to the top and comes down with a big clothesline for another 2 count. Bryan comes back in and they double team Sheamus some more. Bryan stomps away on Sheamus again. Bryan goes for another dropkick in the corner but Sheamus moves. Punk tags in and unloads on Bryan. Punk goes for GTS but Bryan counters. Punk with a powerslam for 2. Punk hits the high knee in the corner and a bulldog. Punk climbs up to the top but Bryan cuts him off. Bryan climbs up for the superplex and nails it. AJ Lee’s music hits and here she comes wearing a Kane mask and Kane colors. AJ skips around the ring in her Kane mask as her music plays. She skips up the ramp and back to the back as Kane follows her in shock. Sheamus tags in as Punk hits GTS on Bryan. Sheamus nails the Brogue Kick for the win.
Winners: CM Punk and Sheamus
– Back from the break and Dolph Ziggler is arguing with Jack Swagger in the back. Ziggler says Swagger rides his coattails every night. Ziggler says Vickie Guerrero knows who the real star of the group is. She walks up and screams. She’s tired of them arguing and bickering. Vickie says it’s time to make a decision. Vickie says she just spoke to Foley and they are going to settle this in the ring.
– David Otunga is backstage with John Laurinaitis. They’re picking on Mick Foley when Big Show walks in. Laurinaitis says tonight, Show is going to knockout John Cena and then Laurinaitis will get the pin. Laurinaitis says people won’t forget his name. Laurinaitis says the fans don’t deserve him. He’s going to leave a lasting impression they will never forget.
Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and out comes Dolph Ziggler before we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Jack Swagger is out. Vickie Guerrero watches from ringside as they lock up. Swagger slams Ziggler and does push-ups in the ring. Ziggler with some offense and showing off now. They shove each other and go back at it. Ziggler lands bad on his knee and goes to the corner in pain. Swagger takes out the hurt knee and goes to work on it.
Swagger takes Ziggler back down and wraps his leg up. Swagger screams that he’s better than Ziggler. Swagger stalls and shows off, allowing Ziggler to roll him up for a close 2 count. Ziggler goes for the Zig Zag but misses. Swagger applies the ankle lock now. Swagger stops Dolph from reaching the ropes but Dolph tries to fight out of the hold. Ziggler finally rolls through and sends Swagger into the ring post. Ziggler with the Zig Zag out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, Vickie Guerrero gets in the ring and hugs Dolph. They kiss and leave the ring together.
– We get a look at Triple H from No Way Out where he challenged Brock Lesnar to a SummerSlam match. We see a limousine pull up outside before going back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Paul Heyman as the crowd chants ECW. Heyman says he is here as the advocate for Brock Lesnar. Heyman has a word that Triple H isn’t used to – no. No, Brock Lesnar will not drop his lawsuit against WWE, no Heyman will not drop his lawsuit against Triple H and mot importantly – no, Brock Lesnar will not fight Triple H at SummerSlam. The crowd boos. Heyman thanks the fans for their attention and thanks Triple H for his time as well. Heyman goes to leave the ring but the music hits and here comes Triple H.
Triple H says he’s not one of Heyman’s cronies from the 90’s drinking his kool-aid. Triple H says he knows what he is – a habitual liar. Triple H says Lesnar will fight him at SummerSlam. Heyman goes to speak but Triple H only wants to hear from Lesnar. He wants to hear Lesnar step up and say he will fight. Triple H says Lesnar wants to be the star and he can give him that. Triple H shows a SummerSlam poster on the big screen with Lesnar and says Lesnar can be the face of the promotion. All he has to do is step up and agree to the fight. Triple H says Lesnar will go down as the guy who is scared of Triple H if he doesn’t go through with this. Heyman says Triple H is good, he almost had him going. Heyman wants Triple H to stop pretending to be a wrestler and the ass kicker he used to be. Heyman tells Triple H to go back to his little princesses and play the king of kings because in Lesnar and Heyman’s world, he’s not the king of anything. Heyman taunts Triple H for getting mad and asks if he’s going to hit him. Heyman says Triple H is getting to be like Vince more and more. Heyman says he knew how to push Vince’s buttons and he can push Triple H’s too. Heyman dares Triple H to punch him again.
Heyman says if he gets hit, he and Lesnar will own WWE and in their world, they have nothing for Triple H. Heyman comes back and says he will have something for Stephanie McMahon and Triple H immediately grabs him by his collar. Triple H lets go. Heyman goes back to mocking him. Heyman says he is ahead of Triple H and knows what he’s going to do ahead of time. Heyman says Triple H has met his match. Heyman says he can read Triple H from a mile away. Triple H pulls back and lays Heyman out with a big right hand. Triple H takes the mic and asks Heyman if he saw that coming and to tell Lesnar he will see him at SummerSlam, unless he’s afraid the same thing will happen to him. Triple H leaves the ring as officials check on Heyman.
– Still to come tonight, Cena vs. Laurinaitis, Otunga and Show in a Handicap Match. We see stills from the Tuxedo Match at No Way Out between Santino Marella and Ricardo Rodriguez. Alberto Del Rio has been cleared to compete and will face Santino next. Back to commercial.
Santino Marella vs. Alberto Del Rio
Back from the break and Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction as Alberto Del Rio comes in. Out next comes the WWE United States Champion Santino Marella for this non-title match.
The bell rings and Del Rio strikes with a kick. He takes Santino to the corner and beats him down with more kicks. Del Rio with a low dropkick to the face and a 2 count. Del Rio works on the arm now. Santino tries to fight back but Del Rio knocks him down. Santino gets in a big hip toss but misses the headbutt. Santino goes on and brings out the Cobra but Del Rio kicks him in the head. Del Rio applies the cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Del Rio poses with Ricardo in the ring over Santino. Del Rio leaves the ring and Ricardo goes back in to drop Santino with an armbreaker. Ricardo joins Del Rio on the stage before going to the back.
– We get a promo video with clips fro Cyndi Lauper’s past WWE appearances. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and WWE Divas Champion Layla is in the ring. In honor of the upcoming 1,000th RAW, she introduces WWE Hall of Famer Wendi Richter and Grammy Award winner Cyndi Lauper, making her first WWE appearance in many years. Richter and Lauper head to the ring.
Lauper talks about how it’s been a long time and how it’s good to see her girl Wendi. Wendi talks but they’re interrupted by Heath Slater. Slater comes out and calls this a train-wreck. Lauper asks who he is. Slater says he’s the one man band. Lauper and Slater have words. Slater tells all three of them to leave the ring so the world can witness his first single. The crowd chants for Zack Ryder. Slater starts to sing and finally Roddy Piper’s music hits. The WWE Hall of Famer comes out to a big pop from the crowd.
Piper kisses the hands of Layla, Lauper and Richter. Piper tells Slater to take a hike. Piper says it was the Rock ‘n Wrestling Connection that put wrestling where it is today. Piper says he’s been waiting a long time to do this. He says he loves Lauper and has something brought up from ringside. Piper recalls when Lauper’s gold record got broken with Captain Lou Albano. Piper presents Lauper with a new record and plaque. He presents it on behalf of himself, Albano and the entire WWE Universe. Piper says Lauper is the best woman he’s known associated with wrestling. Piper gets emotional and hugs Lauper, telling her he loves her again. Slater has had enough. He tells them all to get out of his ring so people can hear his single. Slater goes on and ends up getting the new plaque and record smashed over his head by Lauper. Piper looks concerned as Slater gets busted open and goes down. They all dance around to celebrate.
– Still to come, tonight’s Handicap main event. Back to commercial.
Titus O’Neil and Darren Young vs. Primo and Epico
Back from the break and Abraham Washington is out on the ramp. He introduces the Prime Time Players – Darren Young and Titus O’Neil. Out come the new #1 contenders for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Primo and Epico wait in the ring with Rosa Mendes looking on. Titus starts out with Epico and beats him down. Epico goes behind but Titus overpowers him and tags in Young for some double teaming.
Young with a 2 count, some more offense and another 2 count. They go at it until Epico tags in Primo. Primo with a back elbow and clotheslines. Primo dropkicks Young and comes off the top with a senton for a 2 count. Titus dumps Epico to the floor. Primo dropkicks Titus out of the ring. Young goes at it with Primo and gets caught with a Backstabber. Primo goes for a cover but Titus pulls Young out to safety. Primo and Epico dropkick them back to the floor. Primo and Epico run the ropes to dive out but AW gets in the way and they choose not to leap out of the ring. AW keeps Young and O’Neil on the ramp as the referee counts them out.
Winners by Count Out: Primo and Epico
– We see footage of Chris Jericho playing at the Download Festival with Fozzy. They confirm that Jericho will return to RAW next Monday night. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and John Laurinaitis is in the ring for his farewell address. Laurinaitis says John Cena cheated at No Way Out. Laurinaitis says Cena and 5 other men beat down Big Show, allowing Cena to win. Laurinaitis goes on and says the next time we see him it will be when he’s inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He calls it a dark day for WWE and introduces his partners.
John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis and David Otunga
David Otunga and Big Show make their way out to join Laurinaitis in the ring before we take another commercial break.
Back from the commercial and Teddy Long joins Cole and Lawler on commentary. Teddy takes his sign off that he’s been wearing and rips it up. Show takes the mic and says it took six men to defeat him at No Way Out. Show thanks Laurinaitis for his iron-clad contract and his fat bonus. Show says he has proven he can beat Cena on his own. Show says he’s off to bigger and better things. He sees no reason to compete tonight. Show tells them they are on their own and leaves the ring for the back. John Cena’s music is next and out he comes to a big reaction.
Otunga starts things off with Cena as the dueling chants for Cena start up. They lock up and Cena slams Otunga. Cena drops an elbow and takes Otunga to the corner. Cena hits the bulldog. Otunga crawls for a tag but Laurinaitis backs off the apron. Cena suplexes Otunga. Otunga crawls for another tag but Laurinaitis backs down. Cena with a side slam on Otunga. Cena misses a clothesline and goes to the floor. Otunga follows and throws him into the steel steps. Otunga brings it back in the ring and stomps on Cena. Otunga with a clothesline in the corner and a big shoulder for a 2 count.
Otunga with more offense and another 2 count on Cena. More Zack Ryder chants from the crowd as Otunga works Cena over. Laurinaitis finally reaches for a tag and in he comes. Laurinaitis throws the crutch away and takes off his neck brace. Ace tosses the sling and stomps away on Cena. Laurinaitis yells People Power and continues stomping on Cena. Laurinaitis with a pin attempt. Laurinaitis goes to tag but Otunga drops off the apron and won’t tag in. Otunga walks away from the ring and leaves Laurinaitis on his own. Ace turns around to right hands from Cena. Cena with a shot to the back and a big slam. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Laurinaitis and then the Attitude Adjustment. The crowd wants one more and Cena delivers. Cena hits a third AA and then puts Laurinaitis in the STF. Laurinaitis taps out for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, Teddy Long celebrates at ringside as John Cena salutes him. Laurinaitis rolls out to the floor as Cena celebrates in the ring. Cena taunts Laurinaitis as RAW goes off the air.