A big question going into this coming WrestleMania is who Brock Lesnar will fight during the huge event. While Brock currently is “not under contract” to WWE within the context of the storyline, he has been widely advertised.
This question has probably been posed right here on Bleacher Report at least once. However, in the interest of fairness, I am running a WrestleMania 29 series of articles leading up to the big event and will pose it one more time.
There are numerous questions about who will wrestle who and what matches will be planned. I can see 5 different scenarios for Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 29.
- Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H – This contest is listed first because it’s the one that I want to see the least. It also seems to be the one least likely to get my juices flowing. I suppose if it can be more entertaining than their first clash at SummerSlam 2012, I can deal with it. Considering I purchased a few very expensive tickets for WrestleMania 29, I’m being very picky about the matches I want to see.
- Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker – The Undertaker has more history with Lesnarthan just about anyone else on the card. While they haven’t clashed in around 10 years, this match seems like one of the more logical encounters for the former UFC World Heavyweight Champion. Lesnar could be the absolute biggest threat to the streak and help to add way more credibility to it if The Undertaker comes out victorious.
This could also be an epic clash between two wrestlers that have similar MMA-based styles, which could lead to an extremely hard-hitting contest.
- Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock – This is the one that I would like to see the most out of all the selections I will pose. These two also have history with each other. Just over 10 years ago, Brock Lesnar defeated The Rock for his first reign as WWEUndisputed Champion at Summerslam 2002. The storyline could be as simple as Brock Lesnar causing The Rock his WWE Championship opportunity, whether it be at Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber.
Putting these two together will spike the buy rate of the card to monumental proportions. The buzz of the mainstream media outside of the WWE will also create an intense atmosphere. To me, this is the most logical route for BrockLesnar.
- Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock vs. John Cena – However, if you were to somehow add John Cena to the fold, we could see the biggest triple-threat match in the history of professional wrestling. This match would have a surefire “big fight feel” and the unpredictability of it all would keep the entire crowd on the edge of their seat.
This could also be a way for John Cena to regain his victory from The Rock. If The Rock were to win, he wouldn’t have to pin John Cena again to do so. Either way, this is one that I would love to be inside of MetLife stadium for.
- Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk – This one seems to be a complete long shot due to the heel CM Punk character that WWE is using at the present time. If they were to pull a fast one and have Paul Heyman turn on Punk, Brock Lesnar could be inserted as the muscle behind the plan.
CM Punk is so good right now that he would have no trouble getting the WWEUniverse back on his side. A CM Punk and Brock Lesnar clash with Paul Heymanstirring the pot in the middle would be a very intriguing scenario. I don’t see them going this route, but I would be interested if they did.