Xavier Woods went down with an injury while working a house show on Monday.
Woods teamed up with Big E at the WWE live event in Sydney, Australia against WWE RAW Tag Team Champions Revival in the opening contest. Woods suffered the injury when he did a leapfrog and went down right away.
Fans in attendance noted that it looked to be an ankle injury. This is when the referee threw up the dreaded x-sign. Once Woods got out of the ring, Big E grabbed the microphone and stated that he would fight them 2-on-1.
The finish saw Wilder roll up Big E, who missed a splash in the corner on an exposed turnbuckle.
Later in the show, Kofi Kingston took on Randy Orton in a singles match. The Revival came to ringside during the match, which led to Big E making the save. Woods didn’t appear for the run-in.
We hope to have a further update shortly and wish Xavier Woods a speedy recovery.
WWE Sydney, Australia Results
- WWE RAW Tag Team Champions Revival defeated Big E and Xavier Woods
- Buddy Murphy defeated Sami Zayn
- WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Kabuki Warriors defeated The IIconics and Fire & Desire
- Kofi Kingston defeated Randy Orton
- Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura with Sami Zayn defeated Mustafa Ali
- WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley defeated Charlotte Flair
- Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Harper & Erick Rowan – Steel Cage Match